File H4 EAD with H1B/H4 extension receipt number

MOHAN1980

Hi,

My company has filed for the H1b and H4 extensions two weeks back. My wife has H4 EAD that is going to expire on 30th Sep 2017. I want to file for the H4 EAD extension based on the H1b/H4 extension receipt number. I wanted to know what I can mention in point# 18 of form I-765. Do I need to provide the existing H1b approval notice number taht is going to expire on 20th September or should I mention "pending H1b extension followed by H1b extension receipt number"? Please advise on the steps to be followed to file H4 EAD extension based on H1b/H4 extension receipt numbers.

Thanks for any quick response on this.

Best Regards,

Mohan

12 hours ago, MOHAN1980 said:

Hi,

My company has filed for the H1b and H4 extensions two weeks back. My wife has H4 EAD that is going to expire on 30th Sep 2017. I want to file for the H4 EAD extension based on the H1b/H4 extension receipt number. I wanted to know what I can mention in point# 18 of form I-765. Do I need to provide the existing H1b approval notice number taht is going to expire on 20th September or should I mention "pending H1b extension followed by H1b extension receipt number"? Please advise on the steps to be followed to file H4 EAD extension based on H1b/H4 extension receipt numbers.

Thanks for any quick response on this.

Best Regards,

Mohan

Give the new receipt number.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a follow-up question. I have filed for H4 EAD extension of my wife and have now her H4 EAD receipt number. Can she continue to work with the receipt number till she gets the EAD card with the extended date? I believe she can as the rule is same for all work visas and EAD.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Archived