H1B and H4 Visa stamping

Palak Patel

My H1B (I-797A) is valid until May 2019. My visa stamping is expiring Sept 2017. My husband is on dependent H4 visa and his visa stamp (in his passport) expires in march 2020 . We are travelling to India in November 2017, so I will go for my H1B visa stamping (in my passport) in India. Does he need to get his visa stamped along with me? 

Also, we noticed in H4 visa stamp, my H1B receipt number (EAC # or WAC # etc..) is not printed. Is this a mistake? Should the H4 visa (in the passport) have the primary H1B's receipt # printed? If this is a mistake, how to rectify it?

I hope to hear soon from you.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:45 AM, Palak Patel said:

My H1B (I-797A) is valid until May 2019. My visa stamping is expiring Sept 2017. My husband is on dependent H4 visa and his visa stamp (in his passport) expires in march 2020 . We are travelling to India in November 2017, so I will go for my H1B visa stamping (in my passport) in India. Does he need to get his visa stamped along with me? 

Also, we noticed in H4 visa stamp, my H1B receipt number (EAC # or WAC # etc..) is not printed. Is this a mistake? Should the H4 visa (in the passport) have the primary H1B's receipt # printed? If this is a mistake, how to rectify it?

I hope to hear soon from you.

You can go for H-1 visa. For the H-4 visa is not required as it did not expire yet.

Archived