H4 EAD Renewal and Qustion about H1B Receipt Number

therisingsun

Hello - my wife has H4 EAD renewal due Dec 03. We have filed for both H1B renewal and H4 renewal through a lawyer and filling H4 EAD renewal on own. I haven't received notice for my H1B application. Does anyone know what should I enter in for question number 18 asking for H1B approval receipt number on form i-765? TIA!

11 hours ago, therisingsun said:

Hello - my wife has H4 EAD renewal due Dec 03. We have filed for both H1B renewal and H4 renewal through a lawyer and filling H4 EAD renewal on own. I haven't received notice for my H1B application. Does anyone know what should I enter in for question number 18 asking for H1B approval receipt number on form i-765? TIA!

Generally, your lawyer receives a notice receipt in 5 to 7 days from the date of receipt at USCIS.  Wait for 10 days since your (H1 and H4 renewal) application mailed out, and then contact your lawyer to see if they have received the receipt number.  You need the receipt number for H4 Ead application, otherwise, your spouse H4 Ead may be delayed for missing information.

22 hours ago, therisingsun said:

You need to wait till you get the H-1 receipt number.

4 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You need to wait till you get the H-1 receipt number.

I finally did receive my H1 receipt yesterday after I posted my question here. So, that's what need to go on Q18 and not the approval receipt number from my previous I129 (The one expiring Dec 03). The question 18 asks for the receipt number of Form I-797 Notice of Approval. The case with new receipt number is not approved yet. Thanks.

23 hours ago, therisingsun said:

I finally did receive my H1 receipt yesterday after I posted my question here. So, that's what need to go on Q18 and not the approval receipt number from my previous I129 (The one expiring Dec 03). The question 18 asks for the receipt number of Form I-797 Notice of Approval. The case with new receipt number is not approved yet. Thanks.

Best thing is to wait for H-1 approval and then file EAD to avoid confusion. Anyways December 3rd is a lot of time. Premium will open next month, so you can upgrade H-1 to premium and then file EAD with that approved copy.

Archived