H4 to F1

Lavanya Reddy

Recommended Posts

Dear Attorney, 

I am on H4-EAD on working from last 5 months as an app developer. I got married 2.6 years ago and in an abusive relation with my husband. We are moving ahead for mutual divorce. But before that I want to get admission for doing my Masters. Could you please let me know how I can process my application and finances for masters. Also how can I change my status from h4 to f1 within the US by not going back to India. 


Link to comment

you need to get admitted to a university or college and get i-20 before applying for change of status from h4 to f1. Universities have limited intakes. if you are applying for divorce anytime soon, i would recommend you to join in some low fees certification institutes and change your status to f1 for now, and then apply to universities on f1 visa and transfer to your desired masters university. 
Make sure you maintain you status all this time. 
try contacting OPMI business school in new york city, they will help you to change your status.   

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.