Convert existing application to premium processing

ThuAug09

Hello,

My current H1-B expires on Sep 30, and the 7th year extension was filed on June 20th. My employer's lawyer is a large firm and supposed to be one of the best, and they said as long as extension is files everything is fine. But we realized only too late my wife's EAD will expire and of course the lawyer could not be bothered to point it out to us because we applied for it on our own.

And now I am scrambling to see what can be done.

What are the chances my extension will come through with enough time to renew the EAD?

Can my application be changed to premium processing? USCIS website says premium processing is available again since late July but I can't figure out if it will apply to my case.

The immigration lawyer of course works for and protects the interests of my employer, not mine. Does it make sense for me to get my own immigration lawyer to protect my interests?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, ThuAug09 said:

Hello,

My current H1-B expires on Sep 30, and the 7th year extension was filed on June 20th. My employer's lawyer is a large firm and supposed to be one of the best, and they said as long as extension is files everything is fine. But we realized only too late my wife's EAD will expire and of course the lawyer could not be bothered to point it out to us because we applied for it on our own.

What are the chances my extension will come through with enough time to renew the EAD?

Can my application be changed to premium processing? USCIS website says premium processing is available again since late July but I can't figure out if it will apply to my case.

The immigration lawyer of course works for and protects the interests of my employer, not mine. Does it make sense for me to get my own immigration lawyer to protect my interests?

Premium is not yet open for H-1 extension. You need to wait and then upgrade to premium when it is available.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, ThuAug09 said:

Hello,

Read the whole notice on the USCIS website, and not just the title.

PP is available for a rather limited number of people, in the medical field.

Unless you fall into that area, you can not change to PP.

Archived