Parents GC - I 797 approved while parent in USA


Recommended Posts


I  filed I-130 for GC for my parents while they were outside USA. I chose Consular Processing and didnt file I 485. For an emergency they had to visit USA, and while here I have received I 797 approval. My questions are -

1) Can I convert the CP to AOS? if so, how do I do it and what are the remaining steps?

2) If I do nothing, what are the remaining steps? Does NVC send instructions to my parents address only?

Thank you

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.