H1B marrying an American!


Recommended Posts

The EAD should take 3-6 months to arrive.  Till then you may like to work for the H1 sponsor. Infractions by the spouses of American Citizens are forgiven as a rule and hence once your AOS is on file you can stop working. Your current GC process is not relevant and informing or not informing the employer has no relevance.

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot to reply my questions! I have a few more :)

After the wedding,  am I good to travel internationally before I get my EAD or I will have to wait until I get that? Also, if it is fine for me to travel before I get my EAD, do I need to get the Visa stamping done as I changed my employer in 2017 and never got the stamping done.


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.