Hyd - Dropbox / married change of name

the1

Hi,

My wife planning for dropbox in Hyd for visa extension. I have below questions please clarify and any suggestions much appreciated:

1. Recently married have marriage certificate and we didn't apply for change of name. Question is while filling DS-160 or any other form, should she provide her lastname or use my lastname

2. Is it fine to say status as married and provide her lastname instead of mine.

3.or should she go by saying status as "single" and use her lastname, so that it won't lead to any further questions.. I guess consulate won't know about person's marriage.

4. Did anyone recently went for dropbox or in what scenarios consulate will call for interview. Currently she is working in  E-V-C model, even first time interview was successful with same EVC model.

1 hour ago, the1 said:

Hi,

My wife planning for dropbox in Hyd for visa extension. I have below questions please clarify and any suggestions much appreciated:

1. Recently married have marriage certificate and we didn't apply for change of name. Question is while filling DS-160 or any other form, should she provide her lastname or use my lastname

2. Is it fine to say status as married and provide her lastname instead of mine.

3.or should she go by saying status as "single" and use her lastname, so that it won't lead to any further questions.. I guess consulate won't know about person's marriage.

4. Did anyone recently went for dropbox or in what scenarios consulate will call for interview. Currently she is working in  E-V-C model, even first time interview was successful with same EVC model.

1. It's better for your spouse to use her last name(all docs will be in Sync, passport, education certs), that will reduce complications.

2. Yes, it's absolutely fine to say status as married & she can use her last name.

Make sure you submit the marriage certificate copy for DropBox, Plus some wedding pictures as additional proof.

If you ever require anywhere else, you will use marriage certificate as proof.

In future, if you renew your passport, Try to add your spouse name in your passport( as additional proof, i believe that will reduce dependency on marriage certificate)

3. This is fine too, but better to be truthful to reduce any possible negative scenarios.

4. I'm not sure about possible interview call. Make sure she submit all the required docs, everything will be fine.

Archived