Visa extension on H1B

silkroute

Hello Forumites,

My current visa is expiring in August 2017. Recently I got an H1B extension. I will need to travel to UK in June and will return back in the first week of August, just about a week before the current visa expires. It is not possible for me to go to India to get a new visa. My questions are:

1. How likely is it that upon reentry, the US immigration officer will provide a new I-94 stamp based on the H1B extension? Even though the current US visa would expire in a week.

2. Is it mandatory for me to somehow make a trip to India for a new visa in the middle of all this just to be safe? Or, does the new H1B extension suffice reentry?

3. Once the current visa expires in August, can I travel outside the US and reenter based on the H1B extension?

Thanks,

Silkroute

2 hours ago, silkroute said:

Hello Forumites,

My current visa is expiring in August 2017. Recently I got an H1B extension. I will need to travel to UK in June and will return back in the first week of August, just about a week before the current visa expires. It is not possible for me to go to India to get a new visa. My questions are:

1. How likely is it that upon reentry, the US immigration officer will provide a new I-94 stamp based on the H1B extension? Even though the current US visa would expire in a week.

2. Is it mandatory for me to somehow make a trip to India for a new visa in the middle of all this just to be safe? Or, does the new H1B extension suffice reentry?

3. Once the current visa expires in August, can I travel outside the US and reenter based on the H1B extension?

Thanks,

Silkroute

1. Make sure to show your new petition and mention that to the officer.

2. H-1 B extension is enough for re entry along with existing visa.

3. You need to have visa stamped for re entry.

Archived