H4 visa stamping

ragavss77

Here is my scenario

. My first term H1B is expiring in June 2017.

I have already got it extended via premium processing during February 2017 and is valid till June 2018.

My dependents - wife and 2 kids are travelling to India on June 3 2017. The idea is to send them for visa stamping 
using I797 from employer A.

Questions

1. The current I797 I have is through employer A. If I switch to employer B, due to absence of premium processing 
I have to join employer B on receipt. Then I presume my wife cannot go to stamping in India using I797 from employer A.
Can she go for Visa stamping using receipt from employer B? Is receipt a good enough document for going to visa stamping?

2. If my wife goes for visa stamping using I797 from employer A and gets her visa stamped and then If I quit 
employer A and join employer B on receipt, what will be the repercussions on her travel. I guess she has to carry 
the receipt of transfer with her for questions at the port of entry. Is my uderstanding correct?

Employer A is one of the TWITCH companies (i.e TCS,Wipro,Infy,Tech Mahindra,Cognizant,HCL)

Employer B is a reputed American (non-desi) staffing agency with direct relationship with clients. 
There are no middle level players.

9 hours ago, ragavss77 said:

Here is my scenario

. My first term H1B is expiring in June 2017.

I have already got it extended via premium processing during February 2017 and is valid till June 2018.

My dependents - wife and 2 kids are travelling to India on June 3 2017. The idea is to send them for visa stamping 
using I797 from employer A.

Questions

1. The current I797 I have is through employer A. If I switch to employer B, due to absence of premium processing 
I have to join employer B on receipt. Then I presume my wife cannot go to stamping in India using I797 from employer A.
Can she go for Visa stamping using receipt from employer B? Is receipt a good enough document for going to visa stamping?

2. If my wife goes for visa stamping using I797 from employer A and gets her visa stamped and then If I quit 
employer A and join employer B on receipt, what will be the repercussions on her travel. I guess she has to carry 
the receipt of transfer with her for questions at the port of entry. Is my uderstanding correct?

Employer A is one of the TWITCH companies (i.e TCS,Wipro,Infy,Tech Mahindra,Cognizant,HCL)

Employer B is a reputed American (non-desi) staffing agency with direct relationship with clients. 
There are no middle level players.

1. They need approval copy of employer B. Receipt is not enough.

2. That should work.

Archived