H4 and H4 EAD extensions

BusyBee10

My current H1B is Valid through 09/15/2017 and same as for my spouse H4 and H4 EAD. My spouse is currently working fulltime.

My employer filed H1B Extension (I-129) based on my current client (based in CA). Also filed H4 Extension (I-539) and H4 EAD Extension (I-765) concurrently. USCIS Received the documents on 04/18/2017 and I have the receipt numbers for all 3 cases. The cases were sent to Nebraska Service Center.

My current California based client contract is about to complete in 3 weeks (06/02) and I got a new contract position with another client located in New Jersey.

As per my employer, we need to file H1B amendment/extension with New Jersey based client, H4 extension and H4 EAD extension (eventually withdraw previously filed H1B extension, H4 extension and H4 EAD extension). This is pretty straight forward but my main concern is H4 EAD. My wife is currently working Fulltime, If H4 EAD is not approved by 09/15 she will lose her job.

Question:
1) What is the impact on H4 extension and H4 EAD extension, if we only file H1B amendment/extension with new client and withdraw already filed H1B extension only? 
2) If we file H1B amendment/extension with new client, another H4 extension and another H4 EAD extension then withdraw all the previously filed petitions, when do we withdraw the petitions (after receiving the new receipt numbers or anytime)?
3) What is the best approach to follow in this case?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
On 5/12/2017 at 3:17 PM, BusyBee10 said:
My current H1B is Valid through 09/15/2017 and same as for my spouse H4 and H4 EAD. My spouse is currently working fulltime.

My employer filed H1B Extension (I-129) based on my current client (based in CA). Also filed H4 Extension (I-539) and H4 EAD Extension (I-765) concurrently. USCIS Received the documents on 04/18/2017 and I have the receipt numbers for all 3 cases. The cases were sent to Nebraska Service Center.

My current California based client contract is about to complete in 3 weeks (06/02) and I got a new contract position with another client located in New Jersey.

As per my employer, we need to file H1B amendment/extension with New Jersey based client, H4 extension and H4 EAD extension (eventually withdraw previously filed H1B extension, H4 extension and H4 EAD extension). This is pretty straight forward but my main concern is H4 EAD. My wife is currently working Fulltime, If H4 EAD is not approved by 09/15 she will lose her job.

Question:
1) What is the impact on H4 extension and H4 EAD extension, if we only file H1B amendment/extension with new client and withdraw already filed H1B extension only? 
2) If we file H1B amendment/extension with new client, another H4 extension and another H4 EAD extension then withdraw all the previously filed petitions, when do we withdraw the petitions (after receiving the new receipt numbers or anytime)?
3) What is the best approach to follow in this case?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1. You might receive an RFE asking to update the info about Primary H-1 candidate.

2. Think it would take more time for the H-4 and H-4 EAD applications to get approved because you are doing everything from scratch again.

3. First option is better.

Archived