H1B Stamping

swaraj143

Hi,

This is my first H1B stamping my current H1B valid till Aug 10th 2017. I got my H1B extension approved till Aug 2020 but my extension will start from Aug 11th onwards. If I go for stamping before Aug 11th which I-129 petion they will consider? 

Is it safe if I go before my extension start date?

And also I came to USA in 2010 going for stamping after so long. What needs to be answer if they ask what you have done these many years without seeing back my country?

12 hours ago, swaraj143 said:

Hi,

This is my first H1B stamping my current H1B valid till Aug 10th 2017. I got my H1B extension approved till Aug 2020 but my extension will start from Aug 11th onwards. If I go for stamping before Aug 11th which I-129 petion they will consider? 

Is it safe if I go before my extension start date?

And also I came to USA in 2010 going for stamping after so long. What needs to be answer if they ask what you have done these many years without seeing back my country?

You can go before your extension start date. No issues. Make sure you fill new petition details while filling DS-160 form. Tell them the truth. It is not mandatory to step outside the country if there is no need to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 9:36 AM, CoolDeep said:

You can go for stamping before Aug 11. Make sure that you fill out the H1b extension reciept number in the DS 160 form.

You can go 90 days before only before your extension start date.

Tell the reason for which you were not able to make a visit. 

Thank you!

On 5/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, shekar11# said:

You can go before your extension start date. No issues. Make sure you fill new petition details while filling DS-160 form. Tell them the truth. It is not mandatory to step outside the country if there is no need to.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived