H1b visa - got 221g, can I travel on F1

pavanp

Hello all,

I applied to H1b last year under consular processing and got it approved. I am currently working with my employer on F1 OPT status. I came to India to change my status to H1b and went for a Visa interview. I received a 221g. I have to travel asap because of my employer and job situation. I still have a 2-month validity on my F1 visa.

Can I travel to US on my F1 while my H1 is under administrative processing (221g)?

Advice/Suggestions are most welcome

On 5/6/2017 at 4:00 AM, pavanp said:

Hello all,

I applied to H1b last year under consular processing and got it approved. I am currently working with my employer on F1 OPT status. I came to India to change my status to H1b and went for a Visa interview. I received a 221g. I have to travel asap because of my employer and job situation. I still have a 2-month validity on my F1 visa.

Can I travel to US on my F1 while my H1 is under administrative processing (221g)?

Yes, you can.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2017 at 4:00 AM, pavanp said:

Hello all,

Did the VO didn't cancelled the Student Visa ? Whenever u do a change of status the previous status/visa will be cancelled. This happened to me .

Archived