H1B Visa Interview in India

AndyKV

Hi All,

I am planning to visit India in June 2017; As I am not eligible for drop box I have to attend Visa Stamping interview in Hyderabad.

I am employed in US as a full time employee for “Company ABC” and got my I-140 approved. Also H1B extension approved till 2020. I am with same employer for the last 6 years.

And currently works at a client location "Company XYZ".

Even though, I was in US for about 9 years now, this is the first time I will be attending for H1B visa stamping in India.
Attended for F1 Visa stamping in India in 2008 and for H1B visa stamping in Canada in 2012.

Does this affect anything in the visa approval; as I didn't go for Visa stamping for such a long time ?

Currently, I work in E-V-C model. The client and Vendor companies are in the same city (few blocks apart). I have a Letter from Vendor, but the Client doesn't provide any letter or email (as per their company policy). Is the letter/email from client mandatory in this case? 

Please advise.
On 5/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, AndyKV said:

Hi All,

I am planning to visit India in June 2017; As I am not eligible for drop box I have to attend Visa Stamping interview in Hyderabad.

I am employed in US as a full time employee for “Company ABC” and got my I-140 approved. Also H1B extension approved till 2020. I am with same employer for the last 6 years.

Even though, I was in US for about 9 years now, this is the first time I will be attending for H1B visa stamping in India.
Attended for F1 Visa stamping in India in 2008 and for H1B visa stamping in Canada in 2012.

Does this affect anything in the visa approval; as I didn't go for Visa stamping for such a long time ?

Currently, I work in E-V-C model. The client and Vendor companies are in the same city (few blocks apart). I have a Letter from Vendor, but the Client doesn't provide any letter or email (as per their company policy). Is the letter/email from client mandatory in this case? 

Please advise.

No issues. You can go for stamping anytime. Make sure you take an email print out of client policy of not issuing client letter.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, AndyKV said:

Hi All,

Please advise.

My situation is same as of you , planning to go for stamping in Aug . Please share you experience after you are done.

Archived