Visa Stamping:H1B Ammendment not filed for Change in work location from Employer Office to Client office

Bhanukumar

Hi. Iam a Immigrant worker with H1B visa. In June 2015 i changed from Employer W to Employer D and when i moved to D, there was no client finalized so D filed my H1B with D office address in LCA. By July 2015, I started working at a client location. Unfortunately my employer did not file an amendment for change to client location. Also in Dec 2016, D was sold to employer N. I now need to travel to india and also get my visa stamped, last visa expired in Aug 2016, but I797 is valid till June 2018. My Client location and Employer location are under the same MSA.
1. Does my company need to file an amendment in my case
2. Can i go to india while the amendment is in process and get my visa stamped.
3. Since i have been working at client location from the beginning, would there be any issues if an amendment is not filed now and i travel to india. We could file an amendment once i come back. If the amendment is filed, i am planning to say my work location is the the employer location as mentioned in the LCA. 

Please let me know my options here. Its very urgent and important that i travel to india. 
I appreciate your help alot in this regard 

1 hour ago, Bhanukumar said:

Hi. Iam a Immigrant worker with H1B visa. In June 2015 i changed from Employer W to Employer D and when i moved to D, there was no client finalized so D filed my H1B with D office address in LCA. By July 2015, I started working at a client location. Unfortunately my employer did not file an amendment for change to client location. Also in Dec 2016, D was sold to employer N. I now need to travel to india and also get my visa stamped, last visa expired in Aug 2016, but I797 is valid till June 2018. My Client location and Employer location are under the same MSA.
1. Does my company need to file an amendment in my case
2. Can i go to india while the amendment is in process and get my visa stamped.
3. Since i have been working at client location from the beginning, would there be any issues if an amendment is not filed now and i travel to india. We could file an amendment once i come back. If the amendment is filed, i am planning to say my work location is the the employer location as mentioned in the LCA. 

Please let me know my options here. Its very urgent and important that i travel to india. 
I appreciate your help alot in this regard 

1. Not necessary in your case as both are in same MSA.

2. Yes. Make sure you carry the receipt.

Archived