h4 to f1 approved- can i transfer a college right now

sri8661

My wife h4-f1 status approved yesterday.

H4-F1 status applied through unaccredited school,

Now I'm looking for a transfer to accredited university ASAP.  is this possible ?

or

is it mandatory to do a full semester in the current school is there any rule to follow mandatorily. please let us know your inputs.

54 minutes ago, sri8661 said:

My wife h4-f1 status approved yesterday.

H4-F1 status applied through unaccredited school,

Now I'm looking for a transfer to accredited university ASAP.  is this possible ?

or

is it mandatory to do a full semester in the current school is there any rule to follow mandatorily. please let us know your inputs.

I suggest to complete one semester at the current school and then transfer in next semester. Will avoid you some problems in future.

17 hours ago, Shree143 said:

Hi, it is not mandatory to do one semester in current university  and transfer to other university. My friend case is also same, she didnt study even one semester and transfer to other university , when the COS from H4 to F1 was approved.

Check this link and there is a rule in it.

An F-1 student who was not pursuing a full course of study at the school he or she was last authorized to attend is ineligible for school transfer and must apply for reinstatement under the provisions of paragraph (f)(16) of this section, or, in the alternative, may depart the country and return as an initial entry in a new F-1 non-immigrant status.

Archived