Travel During OPT Status to H1 Status

Pavan121

Hello,

Can you please help me with below questions. Currently i am on OpT Extension till July 1 2017. I Have to Travel for 2 weeks in May month due to some family reasons. Also My H1B was selected in lottery and in progress. can you please suggest me with below?

1. Since i am entering back to US on May and My H1B was not approved yet. I Hope i wont have any POE issues?

2. Will this Travel impact my H1B Processing or Change of Status request. If So, what is the options available deal with it. Please suggest.

3.Does this impact my cap-gap if we have any issues with change of status.?

Thanks again-

13 hours ago, Pavan121 said:

Hello,

Can you please help me with below questions. Currently i am on OpT Extension till July 1 2017. I Have to Travel for 2 weeks in May month due to some family reasons. Also My H1B was selected in lottery and in progress. can you please suggest me with below?

1. Since i am entering back to US on May and My H1B was not approved yet. I Hope i wont have any POE issues?

2. Will this Travel impact my H1B Processing or Change of Status request. If So, what is the options available deal with it. Please suggest.

3.Does this impact my cap-gap if we have any issues with change of status.?

Thanks again-

1. No issues.

2. Change of status will be abandoned.

3. You cannot go out of country during cap-gap. If you cannot avoid the trip, you need to wait for your H-1 to get approved and go for stamping and then come back to US on H-1 status.

5 hours ago, Pavan121 said:

Great thanks Shekhar for your valuable inputs. can you please clarify, if change of status was abandoned, does it will effect cap- gap. I want to make sure i will not in outof status and going to get cap-gap with out any issue. 

Thanks again-

Think you cannot travel during cap-gap period. Consult an immigration attorney to be 100% sure.

Archived