H4 Extension - URGENT Help is appreciated

brainweaver

I had applied for my H1 extension (I-129 extension) through my employer. This was approved and I received a notice of action I-797A, around 2 weeks back.

Along with my extension, dependent extension (H4 extension) was also applied for my wife and son by submitting form I-539. This I-539 had my wife as the primary applicant and my son's details were in Supplement A. My wife's approval has come through and I have received a notice of action I-797A for her 2 weeks back.

My son's extension has not come so far. I never even got a receipt I-797C for him. His I-94 will expire on 8-May-2017. I called up USCIS call center and they stated that they don't see my son's application. I double checked with my employer and they shared the scanned copy of all documents sent to USCIS.

It looks like USCIS has missed something. Can someone guide me on what I should do to take care of this issue and what are my options.

Thanks in advance.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, brainweaver said:

I had applied for my H1 extension (I-129 extension) through my employer. This was approved and I received a notice of action I-797A, around 2 weeks back.

Along with my extension, dependent extension (H4 extension) was also applied for my wife and son by submitting form I-539. This I-539 had my wife as the primary applicant and my son's details were in Supplement A. My wife's approval has come through and I have received a notice of action I-797A for her 2 weeks back.

My son's extension has not come so far. I never even got a receipt I-797C for him. His I-94 will expire on 8-May-2017. I called up USCIS call center and they stated that they don't see my son's application. I double checked with my employer and they shared the scanned copy of all documents sent to USCIS.

It looks like USCIS has missed something. Can someone guide me on what I should do to take care of this issue and what are my options.

Thanks in advance.

Apply again or try going out of country and get his H-4 stamped using your approved I-797.

Archived