H4 Travel to India during H1B Processing

S3Nvin

I am on H4 visa and have applied for H1B CAP (April) this year , Am in need to travel to India in the 2nd week of May and would return by June 1st week 2017 :

1 ) Would my travel to India (or being outside US during processing ) impact my H1B application by any means if its picked in lottery ?

2 ) Would my H1B application get cancelled because i travelled to India during processing period ?

3 ) Can I return to US on H4 on June 1st week if H1B filing is picked in lottery ?

4 ) Can I return to US via H4 visa in June 1st week if H1B filing is approved by that time ?

Thanks

13 hours ago, S3Nvin said:

I am on H4 visa and have applied for H1B CAP (April) this year , Am in need to travel to India in the 2nd week of May and would return by June 1st week 2017 :

1 ) Would my travel to India (or being outside US during processing ) impact my H1B application by any means if its picked in lottery ?

2 ) Would my H1B application get cancelled because i travelled to India during processing period ?

3 ) Can I return to US on H4 on June 1st week if H1B filing is picked in lottery ?

4 ) Can I return to US via H4 visa in June 1st week if H1B filing is approved by that time ?

Thanks

1. Yes, your change of status (I-539) application from H-4 to H-1 will be abandoned.

2. No, your H-1 (I129) will be fine.

3. Yes, you can. But you need to go out of the country before October 1st and get your H-1 stamped and re enter if you want to use your approved H-1.

4. Same as answer 3.

Archived