H1B H4 and H4 EAD extension

SS1985

Hello, 

My H1 B expires on Sept 30th 2017 . Correspondingly my wife has her H4 and H4 ead expiring on the same date. my employer has applied for our H1B and H4 Extension. I need to apply myself for the H4 Ead extension. I had the below questions around the application. 

1. As i will be applying for the H4Ead soon , what documents can i provide as a proof of my extension that is being applied by my employer. The document list on uscis does not mention about the expiring I797 application for H4 EAD extension. 

2. Should i wait until i get an EAC number for H1 and H4 extension application before i apply for the H4 EAD Extension? 

Thanks

SS

On 3/31/2017 at 4:35 PM, SS1985 said:

Hello, 

My H1 B expires on Sept 30th 2017 . Correspondingly my wife has her H4 and H4 ead expiring on the same date. my employer has applied for our H1B and H4 Extension. I need to apply myself for the H4 Ead extension. I had the below questions around the application. 

1. As i will be applying for the H4Ead soon , what documents can i provide as a proof of my extension that is being applied by my employer. The document list on uscis does not mention about the expiring I797 application for H4 EAD extension. 

2. Should i wait until i get an EAC number for H1 and H4 extension application before i apply for the H4 EAD Extension? 

Thanks

SS

You need to wait for the approved H-4 extension copy. You cannot apply H-4 EAD with receipt number.

Archived