my opt was denied

chintu12345

⁠⁠⁠I am a graduate student on F1 visa from India. This is in regards to an issue about my status. I have graduated on 16th December  ’16 and I have applied for my Optional Practical Training(OPT). In the process, my school authority issued me an opt-I20 on 1st Dec’16. Eventually, I processed my opt application on 24th Dec’16 and the USCIS department received my application on 28th Dec’16. This process of my application was done on time, but due to the sudden changes in the application fee on 23rd Dec’ 16 there was no proper update from my DSO and I’m unaware of those changes. This was my initial reason for my application to be sent back for resubmission. And then I received my resubmission application on 25th jan’17. In the status of my application, it was mentioned that the application fee was wrongly sent, informed me to re-apply the application with appropriate fee and supporting documents. 
                                        After checking all my relevant documents, I have reported to my school DSO authorities and requested for a new opt I20 as I have an expired I20. The DSO authority sent me a confirmation email stating that there is no need for new I20 for the application, keeping that in mind I have re-applied my application with appropriate fee and the documents to processing my OPT. 
                                         I have received my status stating that the application was denied because of ‘’Expired I20’’. The next day I have approached my school DSO authority and they stated that ‘’we do not know the reason why the application was denied’’.  They also informed me stating the USCIS will only accept my 1st OPT i20 which was issued 1st Dec’16. When I tried reporting this issue to my school attorney, DSO authority tells me that there is no international Immigration attorney for my school. Finally, I have hardly left with options to apply through my school as there is no proper guidance from them. The USCIS report stated that I can reapply through ‘’Motion to Reconsider or Reopen my application’’ within a scale of 30 days using I290B form. 
                                         My sincere request for you is to help me out with this issue, as there was no mistake from my end and I greatly need your help in replying my application. Because I will be out of status after 30 days and request you to please review my case and help me out.

new doc 2017-03-28 09.46.15.pdf

16 hours ago, chintu12345 said:

⁠⁠⁠I am a graduate student on F1 visa from India. This is in regards to an issue about my status. I have graduated on 16th December  ’16 and I have applied for my Optional Practical Training(OPT). In the process, my school authority issued me an opt-I20 on 1st Dec’16. Eventually, I processed my opt application on 24th Dec’16 and the USCIS department received my application on 28th Dec’16. This process of my application was done on time, but due to the sudden changes in the application fee on 23rd Dec’ 16 there was no proper update from my DSO and I’m unaware of those changes. This was my initial reason for my application to be sent back for resubmission. And then I received my resubmission application on 25th jan’17. In the status of my application, it was mentioned that the application fee was wrongly sent, informed me to re-apply the application with appropriate fee and supporting documents. 
                                        After checking all my relevant documents, I have reported to my school DSO authorities and requested for a new opt I20 as I have an expired I20. The DSO authority sent me a confirmation email stating that there is no need for new I20 for the application, keeping that in mind I have re-applied my application with appropriate fee and the documents to processing my OPT. 
                                         I have received my status stating that the application was denied because of ‘’Expired I20’’. The next day I have approached my school DSO authority and they stated that ‘’we do not know the reason why the application was denied’’.  They also informed me stating the USCIS will only accept my 1st OPT i20 which was issued 1st Dec’16. When I tried reporting this issue to my school attorney, DSO authority tells me that there is no international Immigration attorney for my school. Finally, I have hardly left with options to apply through my school as there is no proper guidance from them. The USCIS report stated that I can reapply through ‘’Motion to Reconsider or Reopen my application’’ within a scale of 30 days using I290B form. 
                                         My sincere request for you is to help me out with this issue, as there was no mistake from my end and I greatly need your help in replying my application. Because I will be out of status after 30 days and request you to please review my case and help me out.

new doc 2017-03-28 09.46.15.pdf

You need to get in touch with a good immigration attorney. They can help you.

The change in the fees was not sudden. USCIS had published the revised fees at least 2 weeks before it became effective. You said you prepared your documents for your initial application on 12/24 when the new fees was already in effect. Your DSO should have guided you on the new fees or issued a new I-20 when you resubmitted your application with the corrected fees.

Archived