221g for H4 Visa at Hyderabad Consulate

NP2020

Hi, 

Last week, I attended my visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate for H4 Visa. My husband is in USA working on H1B as full time for a MNC. 

I was asked about my F1 rejected visa as first question followed wedding date and spouse location. Then got the 221g white slip. One weird thing I noticed is that my 221g Case Created date is one day before my visa interview date. 

1. Can you tell me estimated wait time? 

2. Chances of approval? and can I reapply if rejected?

3. 221g Case Created Date is a day before my interview, does this mean that they decided upfront to issue a 221g? 

22 hours ago, NP2020 said:

Hi, 

Last week, I attended my visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate for H4 Visa. My husband is in USA working on H1B as full time for a MNC. 

I was asked about my F1 rejected visa as first question followed wedding date and spouse location. Then got the 221g white slip. One weird thing I noticed is that my 221g Case Created date is one day before my visa interview date. 

1. Can you tell me estimated wait time? 

2. Chances of approval? and can I reapply if rejected?

3. 221g Case Created Date is a day before my interview, does this mean that they decided upfront to issue a 221g? 

1. 3 to 5 weeks.

2. Will be approved if your spouse does not have any issues in his H-1 status. You can reapply if rejected.

3. Not sure. May be they gave that date based on finger printing date not visa interview date.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived