F-2 Visa for my wife when I am on OPT extension

crazykani

Hello, Attorneys and Fellow Members, I attended the University of Illinois at Chicago for MS Computer Science. I graduated in May 2015 and have been working as Software Engineer since June 2015. My company applied for my H1B in April 2016 and I didn't get it last year. I applied for OPT extension and have my OPT extension until June 2018. My company will be applying for my H1B in April 2017 too. I got married in January 2017 and my wife wants to come here on an F-2 visa. Can there be any problems for her visa? What are the odds of getting her visa approved? She is planning to apply for her F-2 Visa in April 2017. 

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate your help. 

On 3/25/2017 at 8:35 PM, crazykani said:

Hello, Attorneys and Fellow Members, I attended the University of Illinois at Chicago for MS Computer Science. I graduated in May 2015 and have been working as Software Engineer since June 2015. My company applied for my H1B in April 2016 and I didn't get it last year. I applied for OPT extension and have my OPT extension until June 2018. My company will be applying for my H1B in April 2017 too. I got married in January 2017 and my wife wants to come here on an F-2 visa. Can there be any problems for her visa? What are the odds of getting her visa approved? She is planning to apply for her F-2 Visa in April 2017. 

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate your help. 

She can go for visa as long as you have maintained valid status in US.

Archived