Driving License status on DS 160

Akram

I entered USA as a grad student in one American university and then transferred to another university while in America. Now my F1 Visa is expiring and i need to renew it so i am filling the DS 160 form for getting a visa interview in India. I encountered the Driving License question in Previous U.S. Travel Information:

Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver’s License?

I don't have a DL currently but i am taking the Visa interview date after 9 months. If i fill DS 160 with "No DL" for now, and apply and get a DL within next 9 months, will the visa officers reject my form for wrong information? I am not reporting anything wrong at the date of filling the DS 160. But what if that information becomes wrong by the time i appear for visa interview in India.

On 3/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, Akram said:

I entered USA as a grad student in one American university and then transferred to another university while in America. Now my F1 Visa is expiring and i need to renew it so i am filling the DS 160 form for getting a visa interview in India. I encountered the Driving License question in Previous U.S. Travel Information:

Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver’s License?

I don't have a DL currently but i am taking the Visa interview date after 9 months. If i fill DS 160 with "No DL" for now, and apply and get a DL within next 9 months, will the visa officers reject my form for wrong information? I am not reporting anything wrong at the date of filling the DS 160. But what if that information becomes wrong by the time i appear for visa interview in India.

No issues. You can say you got the DL after filling the form.

Archived