Travel to India on EAD\AP

immiDeepak

Hi there,

Me and my wife have the EAD combo card (single card for EAD and AP both) based on our pending 485 in EB2.

We are planning  a trip of 4 weeks to India in june, But little thoughtful about the experiences we are hearing at POE's. Amid the new rules around travel ban, Trump's executive orders etc, Can someone please advise if they have any affect on the AP that is issued based on pending 485 and if one can use it as normal to go outside of US and return back while AOS is pending. In the past We have used our AP twice to re-enter the US without any problems.

Also, why is I-94 issued only for 1 year(expiry date on I94) when we use AP to re-enter?

Thank you.

On 3/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, immiDeepak said:

Hi there,

Me and my wife have the EAD combo card (single card for EAD and AP both) based on our pending 485 in EB2.

We are planning  a trip of 4 weeks to India in june, But little thoughtful about the experiences we are hearing at POE's. Amid the new rules around travel ban, Trump's executive orders etc, Can someone please advise if they have any affect on the AP that is issued based on pending 485 and if one can use it as normal to go outside of US and return back while AOS is pending. In the past We have used our AP twice to re-enter the US without any problems.

Also, why is I-94 issued only for 1 year(expiry date on I94) when we use AP to re-enter?

Thank you.

I've travelled to india and back on EAD and AP twice. December 2016 and then again in Feb 2017. There is always secondary inspection while entering on AP but nothing to worry. they will check your legal status and claims for Advance Parole. if everything is good they will shortly handover passport and let you go. So, just plan connecting flights accordingly. It might take 10 mins or 1 hrs in secondary inspection area. You never know.

Archived