URGENT! DS 160 mistake, select B1/B2 visa type for inviting parents for graduation

threepwood

Hello all,

I want to invite my parents over for my graduation ceremony in May 2017. In the DS-160 form they selected B1/B2 visa type instead of B2. 

They had paid the fees and scheduled an interview. 

Should they change the visa type to B2 in the DS-160 since they are only coming for tourism and not business? Will it affect the chance of getting a visa? 

If they need to change, how do they make changes to the DS-160 application?

Please advise!

20 hours ago, threepwood said:

Hello all,

I want to invite my parents over for my graduation ceremony in May 2017. In the DS-160 form they selected B1/B2 visa type instead of B2. 

They had paid the fees and scheduled an interview. 

Should they change the visa type to B2 in the DS-160 since they are only coming for tourism and not business? Will it affect the chance of getting a visa? 

If they need to change, how do they make changes to the DS-160 application?

Please advise!

No need of any change. B1/B2 are considered as the same class of visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Helllo, 

I have a question for visa fee payment. I have the same case like you, my parents are also coming to usa this May 2017. I want to take the same slot interview. I have added a family member (my mother's profile as a dependent with my father's profile) while making a profile to take an appointment fov visa interview together. I got only ONE CGI RECEIPT with $320 for two applicants. But after that they are asking for two separate MRV RECEIPT for individual applicant. So can do we get TWO SEPARATE MRV receipt by paying the $320 fee on ONLY ONR CGI FEE ACKNOLEDGEMENT?

Thanks.

Archived