graduated from university when it was Accredited, does application eligible for Applying H1B Visa under MASTER CAP

Jai1234

Hi Experts,

- one of my friend completed Masters in May 2015 at Northwestern Polytechnic University, college was accredited when the time of graduation, in Dec 2016 college lost it's accreditation, employer is planning to apply for H1-B this time,

1. does this applications falls under Master quota or is it comes under regular quota.

- Master from CS back ground, current work is related to masters degree and bachelors in Non-CSC background, Let's assume If application is not eligible for master quota and applying in regular quota

2. does masters degree with CS related to job will counts as a proof for applying H1, Instead of showing non-cs bachelor's degree vs current cs related job.

did check with Attorney department, they were not clear not on this as well,  

Please provide your inputs in case if you know the criteria. 

13 hours ago, Jai1234 said:

Hi Experts,

- one of my friend completed Masters in May 2015 at Northwestern Polytechnic University, college was accredited when the time of graduation, in Dec 2016 college lost it's accreditation, employer is planning to apply for H1-B this time,

1. does this applications falls under Master quota or is it comes under regular quota.

- Master from CS back ground, current work is related to masters degree and bachelors in Non-CSC background, Let's assume If application is not eligible for master quota and applying in regular quota

2. does masters degree with CS related to job will counts as a proof for applying H1, Instead of showing non-cs bachelor's degree vs current cs related job.

did check with Attorney department, they were not clear not on this as well,  

Please provide your inputs in case if you know the criteria. 

I would say better apply in general quota. Everyone is confused with this issue including USCIS.

Archived