Moving from H1 to H4 EAD

AravindHosur

Hello,

I just got married recently. My wife and i hold H1b visas independently. My Labor is still in processing and her i140 is approved. What are my chances of moving to H4 EAD for me and will it be beneficial for me to move from H1b to H4 EAD?

And also, I have only used 3 years of my H1b period when compared to 6 years that i will get. Can i reclaim the other 3 years that wasn't used? And would i be CAP Exempt if i want to move from H4 EAD to H1b?

Thank you so much!!

On 3/6/2017 at 10:53 AM, AravindHosur said:

Hello,

I just got married recently. My wife and i hold H1b visas independently. My Labor is still in processing and her i140 is approved. What are my chances of moving to H4 EAD for me and will it be beneficial for me to move from H1b to H4 EAD?

And also, I have only used 3 years of my H1b period when compared to 6 years that i will get. Can i reclaim the other 3 years that wasn't used? And would i be CAP Exempt if i want to move from H4 EAD to H1b?

Thank you so much!!

You can file for change of status to H-4 and H-4 EAD together. It is beneficial. Yes, you can re use 3 years anytime. You will be CAP exempt.

Archived