H4 VISA renewal after H1B transfer

p_raghu

Hi All,

Following is the situation.
1. My Wife and Kid got H4 VISA in Chennai/India and it is expired on 5th Feb 2017. They are still in India. They could not travel with me.
2. My H1B extended with my current employer A and is valid till Jan 2018.
3. Since I am changing the company, my H1B got transferred to my future employer B. I am on notice period with current employer A till 24th of March. Later I will be joining employer B on 27th March.
4. Wife and Kid are traveling to US on 15th March. Hence they need to renew their H4 VISA

Following are my doubts:
1. Are they eligible for Dropbox?
2. Whether their H4 VISA should be renewed with A or B? Which I-797 should be submitted?

On 3/4/2017 at 1:21 AM, p_raghu said:

Hi All,

Following is the situation.
1. My Wife and Kid got H4 VISA in Chennai/India and it is expired on 5th Feb 2017. They are still in India. They could not travel with me.
2. My H1B extended with my current employer A and is valid till Jan 2018.
3. Since I am changing the company, my H1B got transferred to my future employer B. I am on notice period with current employer A till 24th of March. Later I will be joining employer B on 27th March.
4. Wife and Kid are traveling to US on 15th March. Hence they need to renew their H4 VISA

Following are my doubts:
1. Are they eligible for Dropbox?
2. Whether their H4 VISA should be renewed with A or B? Which I-797 should be submitted?

1. Yes. They are eligible for drop box.

2. B I-797.

Archived