H4 Visa stamping twice in India while H1 is in Progress

Ram512

Hi,

My H1B is expiring in Oct 2017. My wife will be travelling to India in Feb and her stamping is due since my visa was extended last year only.

I am planning to send her for visa stamping in March and mostly planning her return in June 2017.

However, My current company will be filing for H1B extension during Apr-May.

In case my H1B extension is in Progress (or) approved, Can my wife travel with the existing stamped Visa? Or Does she have to go for fresh stamping since my H1B extension is in Progress/Approved?

There are a couple of options :

1. Avoid travel if you can, H1 H4 or other visa status doesn't matter, unless family emergencies, this is NOT a good time to travel.

2. If she decides to travel, and gets visa stamping, she can return to US, your H1B extension has nothing to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, Ram512 said:

Hi,

My H1B is expiring in Oct 2017. My wife will be travelling to India in Feb and her stamping is due since my visa was extended last year only.

I am planning to send her for visa stamping in March and mostly planning her return in June 2017.

However, My current company will be filing for H1B extension during Apr-May.

In case my H1B extension is in Progress (or) approved, Can my wife travel with the existing stamped Visa? Or Does she have to go for fresh stamping since my H1B extension is in Progress/Approved?

Best option is to apply your extension in premium in April. Send that new approved I-797 to your wife in India. She can use that and go for stamping. In that way she can get stamping till 2020.

Archived