h1b screwup

Sivaraman_1078

Hi,

I worked for a big company in silicon valley. I was on F1. In 2014 they applied for h1b and said I was not selected. In 2015, after they applied h1b again,  I approached my college for f2 for my wife, they said I have 2014 h1b and they gave me a reference number. I gave that h1b no to my company's attorney, who in turn raised this issue with USCIS. It seems that my h1b fee cheque was used, but I got a reject letter. After some time, I got I797 for 2014 h1b application and rejection mail for 2015 h1b application. After 4 months, USCIS decided to refund my h1b fee for 2014 without any reason. My Question is

1) Was my application selected in lottery  in 2014?

2) how to ensure that my application name with passport no is not screwed in USCIS database for any future filings? 

14 hours ago, Sivaraman_1078 said:

Hi,

I worked for a big company in silicon valley. I was on F1. In 2014 they applied for h1b and said I was not selected. In 2015, after they applied h1b again,  I approached my college for f2 for my wife, they said I have 2014 h1b and they gave me a reference number. I gave that h1b no to my company's attorney, who in turn raised this issue with USCIS. It seems that my h1b fee cheque was used, but I got a reject letter. After some time, I got I797 for 2014 h1b application and rejection mail for 2015 h1b application. After 4 months, USCIS decided to refund my h1b fee for 2014 without any reason. My Question is

1) Was my application selected in lottery  in 2014?

2) how to ensure that my application name with passport no is not screwed in USCIS database for any future filings? 

1. USCIS only deducts fees if your petition is selected in lottery.

2. Your attorney needs to follow up on this.

Archived