Visa validity expiry and Renewal

mrk24

Hi,

My visa will expire by end of Feb'17 and i never travel to USA before. However, my LCA is valid until july'18. I might get a change to travel to USA anytime in Feb'17.

If i land there before my visa expires, can i apply for visa renewal anytime before 28-feb-2017? (i.e last week of Feb'17 as well???? )

Please advise immediately.

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mrk24 said:

Thanks for your reply, and that helps a lot ! However, another question follows. 

If i file for renewal after landing, can my dependent travel to US when the renewal is in progress?

Thanks!

I am sorry. I misunderstood your dates. If your I-797 is expiring in July 2018, you can apply for extension only 6 months before your I-797 expiry date i.e. Feb 2018 you are eligible for extension.

On 1/26/2017 at 2:13 PM, mrk24 said:

Thanks for your reply, and that helps a lot ! However, another question follows. 

If i file for renewal after landing, can my dependent travel to US when the renewal is in progress?

Thanks!

Hi , let me straighten my qn.

i was talking about renewal of my visa from feb'17 to july'18. not the I-797. So, having said that, is it possible for my dependent to travel while my visa renewal is in progress?

On 1/26/2017 at 2:13 PM, mrk24 said:

Thanks!

Hi , let me straighten my qn.

i was talking about renewal of my visa from feb'17 to july'18. not the I-797. So, having said that, is it possible for my dependent to travel while my visa renewal is in progress?

Archived