DUI In India. Need suggestions for L1 Visa

james101

Hi all,

I am ashamed and filled with guilt that I have to write this down here. I have been recently caught and charged with DUI offense in India. As this was my first offense I pleaded guilty and paid the fine. My employer wants to transfer me to US and is processing L1 Individual petition for me. I am concerned if the recent DUI (2 months old) can cause a denial? Should I even go ahead with Visa application considering its a recent case (provided the petition gets approved)? I am researching a lot on this matter and not able to find anything concrete specially about DUI cases in India. Any help/suggestions/guidance would be highly appreciated. I am also willing to connect with someone who has gone through same experience as mine. I am already in remorse and everyday curse myself for this mistake. Please help me :-(

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi , I am in a similar situation and the only differece is I am applying L1A blanket from UK as I am currently on ICT UK visa (i am from India too). Had a drunk and drive violation last month. What happened to your case? Am I going to be impacted because of this.

Archived