Two I-797 approval notices (from same employer)

ss19

Hi All,

I will be going for H1B stamping during Dec 2016 - Jan 2017 time frame. I currently have 2 H1B approvals (I-797) -

1st one from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017
2nd one from Feb 2017 to Feb 2020

And I filled in the details for 2nd one in my DS160. My question is :

If I use my latest I-797, will the visa start date on my H1B visa stamp be Feb 2017?  Does that mean I cannot enter USA before that date? Or will the visa office merge 2 approvals and grant me an earlier start date. I plan to return in Jan 2017.

Has anybody faced this type of situation and does anyone have any experience on this one?

Thanks!

If you check any of your previous US visa stamps there will be only a visa issue date but not a start date. Meaning the visa will be effective immediately after it is stamped. You are all good to go for stamping using latest I-797. Make sure you carry both I-797's all the time and show the port of entry officer the latest I-797. 

Hi  Newbie, We are in the same situation. Can you let me know of the outcome ? Did you appear for interview ? My hubby qualified for dropbox  but they issued a 221g and asked us to appear for interview with all docs from the employer like unemployment wage report, employee payroll info etc.   Did you get the visa ?  Your response will be very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

I am similar kind of situation.small change here.

My wife has expired visa ( expired on Sept 2015).

she is planning to come to usa back in april 2017.

she is giving my extended petition details under primary applicants information.

extended petition ( starts from May 2017).

will she able to come into country with new petition before May 2017..?

what will be the start date..?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 2:22 AM, userm said:

I am similar kind of situation.small change here.

My wife has expired visa ( expired on Sept 2015).

she is planning to come to usa back in april 2017.

she is giving my extended petition details under primary applicants information.

extended petition ( starts from May 2017).

will she able to come into country with new petition before May 2017..?

what will be the start date..?

Can you please share the outcome, I am in the same boat.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:45 AM, Soundariya said:

Hi  Newbie, We are in the same situation. Can you let me know of the outcome ? Did you appear for interview ? My hubby qualified for dropbox  but they issued a 221g and asked us to appear for interview with all docs from the employer like unemployment wage report, employee payroll info etc.   Did you get the visa ?  Your response will be very helpful.

Hi Sounariya,

Can you please let me know the outcome, I am in the same boat...

Archived