H4 to H1

mojoStream

Hi,

I am currently in the US with H4 visa. I have an approved H1B (2010-2012) but I didn't used it in coming to the US since the sponsor didn't give the go signal. Anyways, I found a new employer (direct-hire) and wanted me to start asap.

My question is can I transfer my approved H1B to this new employer and start right away or I will be considered for 2012 quota and will start on Oct. 1?

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is in exactly the same position. Her H1B petition was approved in 2008 and is valid till Sep 2011. The only change is she applied for a CoS to H1 last year after she got a job offer but the Cos was denied because the client would not give an end client letter.

Questions:

1) If my wife finds a new job now and stays with the same employer (her consultant) can she apply for a CoS again and start working right away?

2)If she changes her employer and finds a new consultant to file for a fresh H1b for her, does she have to be counted against the cap again and wait till October to be able to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was working on H1B until Feb 2011, then went to India and came back on H4 in June. I got another offer and my employer filed my H1 petition papers along with COS, and informed that I can start work on getting the receipt from USCIS. So I started work last week and filled I9 form with the I94 number from H4. My employer filled this using e-verify and received a TNC (Tentative Non-confirmation). I am contesting this, but need to confirm if anyone faced any issue and whether or not I did anything wrong. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Archived