Final NOC from Indian embassy didn't reach DOS

vasankg

Hello friends,

Indian Embassy has issued the final ‘No objection to Return to India certificate’ on January 6, 2014 and mailed it to the Waiver Review Division (the address listed on third party barcode page) on the same day. They sent a copy to my address. It has been more than 4 weeks and my status has not updated on the DOS website (The status of all other documents is updated on the DOS website which took around 3 weeks to get updated). I am very worried that the certificate was not delivered.  In general, how long does it take to process the mail and get it updated on the DOS website? Could you please let me know if this delay is unusually long?

I have e-mailed '212ewaiver@state.gov' yesterday to find out If they have received the letter and asked if this delay is unusually long. I haven't heard from them yet. 

Did any one waited this long on their status of final no objection certificate? Can I request the Indian Embassy to mail the original no objection documents again to the DOS? 

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello friends,

Indian Embassy has issued the final ‘No objection to Return to India certificate’ on January 6, 2014 and mailed it to the Waiver Review Division (the address listed on third party barcode page) on the same day. They sent a copy to my address. It has been more than 4 weeks and my status has not updated on the DOS website (The status of all other documents is updated on the DOS website which took around 3 weeks to get updated). I am very worried that the certificate was not delivered.  In general, how long does it take to process the mail and get it updated on the DOS website? Could you please let me know if this delay is unusually long?

I have e-mailed '212ewaiver@state.gov' yesterday to find out If they have received the letter and asked if this delay is unusually long. I haven't heard from them yet. 

Did any one waited this long on their status of final no objection certificate? Can I request the Indian Embassy to mail the original no objection documents again to the DOS? 

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.

Good luck everyone!

Unfortunately it's not all that uncommon for the DoS to take a really long time to acknowledge receiving something. In my case, it took them six weeks to acknowledge having received my NOL from my embassy (this was NOT the Indian Embassy). They get thousands of no objection cases (about 4,500 last year) and only have 3 assistants and one person logging in the documents, so sometimes it takes them a while. My guess is that they do have your letter, but it hasn't been associated with your application, yet. Hopefully this will happen soon. 

Unfortunately it's not all that uncommon for the DoS to take a really long time to acknowledge receiving something. In my case, it took them six weeks to acknowledge having received my NOL from my embassy (this was NOT the Indian Embassy). They get thousands of no objection cases (about 4,500 last year) and only have 3 assistants and one person logging in the documents, so sometimes it takes them a while. My guess is that they do have your letter, but it hasn't been associated with your application, yet. Hopefully this will happen soon. 

Thanks a lot Angelcaido. I really appreciate your help. You gave me a little hope. I know It is incredibly frustrating process, but wanted to make sure that it was delivered.

Hello Catvsrat,

How did you know your's was fedexed? Did your embassy Fedex NOC? To which address did you send? Indian embassy issued me a copy of NOC and said they will forward it to DOS.

I really appreciate your help.

Good luck!

Dear Vasankg,

I am in the exact same situation as you. My NOC was also sent to DOS on Jan 6, but no update as of today (Feb 13). I mailed (surface mail) DOS with a copy of the NOC requesting that they advise me if the NOC was not received so I can take further actions. It gives me some hope knowing that there is someone else in my situation. What a tense wait! Please keep me updated of your progress.

Dear Vasankg,

I am in the exact same situation as you. My NOC was also sent to DOS on Jan 6, but no update as of today (Feb 13). I mailed (surface mail) DOS with a copy of the NOC requesting that they advise me if the NOC was not received so I can take further actions. It gives me some hope knowing that there is someone else in my situation. What a tense wait! Please keep me updated of your progress.

Hi Arun2,

I have been checking the status frequently, but no updates as well for me. It is really frustrating situation as we don't know if they received or not. Now due to snow, they might have closed the DOS yesterday (and probably close today) and Monday being the federal holiday, It would further delay our case. We should wait for one or two weeks and then decide to go to Indian Embassy. I haven't received a reply to my email (from DOS) yet and let you know once I get it. Fingers crossed!! Keep me posted on your side.

Hi Arun2,

I have been checking the status frequently, but no updates as well for me. It is really frustrating situation as we don't know if they received or not. Now due to snow, they might have closed the DOS yesterday (and probably close today) and Monday being the federal holiday, It would further delay our case. We should wait for one or two weeks and then decide to go to Indian Embassy. I haven't received a reply to my email (from DOS) yet and let you know once I get it. Fingers crossed!! Keep me posted on your side.

ok, after reading through the other forum, it also seems that there could have been a delay in processing the letters due to the bad weather conditions during the major part of January. See the details below:

[url="http://www.**************

-NOS sent from embassy on Dec 19 - updated on Jan 13; sent on Dec 22 - updated on Feb 5.

Hello vasangk, 

I know that the Final NOC was delivered to DOS through fedex because one of my friend works at the embassy and i told him to send my NOC through fedex and thats how he did that for me, but for other NOC they use regular mail. I also checked my status guys, but i dont have any update yet. 

ok, after reading through the other forum, it also seems that there could have been a delay in processing the letters due to the bad weather conditions during the major part of January. See the details below:

[url="http://www.**************

-NOS sent from embassy on Dec 19 - updated on Jan 13; sent on Dec 22 - updated on Feb 5.

I suspected the same. Thanks for the letting me know. So your status about final NOC was updated  (DOS received?)?

No, not yet. I will post here as soon as it is updated. I am hoping that there will be a news sometime this week. 

Hi Vasankg,

I got an update indicating that the NOC was received on 18th Feb. If yours is still pending, you should e-mail them asking for confirmation of receipt. They check the e-mails on a regular basis. Hope this helps.

Hey guys, I have some good news. My NOC has been received by DOS and they have updated the status check website. My NOC was delivered to DOS on 01/13/2014 (Jan 13 2014) and the status check website says they received it on 02/20/2014 (Feb 20 2014). So it took around 37 days for them to update the website on my case. I hope you guys will hear the good news in the following week. Moving on to next step, i hope my waiver gets recommended my DOS sooon to USCIS.

Hey guys, I have some good news. My NOC has been received by DOS and they have updated the status check website. My NOC was delivered to DOS on 01/13/2014 (Jan 13 2014) and the status check website says they received it on 02/20/2014 (Feb 20 2014). So it took around 37 days for them to update the website on my case. I hope you guys will hear the good news in the following week. Moving on to next step, i hope my waiver gets recommended my DOS sooon to USCIS.

Catvsrat, Thanks for letting me know. Good luck. 

Hi Vasankg,

I got an update indicating that the NOC was received on 18th Feb. If yours is still pending, you should e-mail them asking for confirmation of receipt. They check the e-mails on a regular basis. Hope this helps.

Arun,

Unfortunately, my case was not yet updated. I will wait until the end of this month and decide what to do. I emailed them on Feb 11th and haven't received any reply.Thanks for letting me know about your case and for your concern. I appreciate your help. Good luck. 

Let's keep this thread open and post our updates here!! 

Hi Vasankg,

Arun,

Was your NOC was delivered or sent on Jan 6th? Your NOC statement dated on Jan 6th? No updates for me. Thanks! 

Arun,

Was your NOC was delivered or sent on Jan 6th? Your NOC statement dated on Jan 6th? No updates for me. Thanks! 

Dear Vasankg,

My NOC was sent from Indian embassy on Jan 6th. DOS responded through e-mail within a week indicating that they did not receive mine and I had to ask the Indian embassy to resend it. If you didn't receive any reply from DOS, that may mean they did receive yours?

Dear Vasankg,

My NOC was sent from Indian embassy on Jan 6th. DOS responded through e-mail within a week indicating that they did not receive mine and I had to ask the Indian embassy to resend it. If you didn't receive any reply from DOS, that may mean they did receive yours?

Dear Arun,

I got a reply from the DOS that they haven't received mine yet and asked me to resend the NOC. I wasted a month for nothing. This is ridiculous. I thought everything should be smooth after you submit NORIs but its not. Anyway, how many days did they take to update on the website after your resend the NOC?

Thanks for your reply. Good luck. Keep posting.

Dear Arun,

I got a reply from the DOS that they haven't received mine yet and asked me to resend the NOC. I wasted a month for nothing. This is ridiculous. I thought everything should be smooth after you submit NORIs but its not. Anyway, how many days did they take to update on the website after your resend the NOC?

Thanks for your reply. Good luck. Keep posting.

Vasankg, it is unfortunate that yours was also not delivered. I learn from the other forum that for some it took DOS 7 wks to update the receipt of NOS in 2014. Also DOS responds to some sooner than others.

My NOS that was resent by embassy was updated within two days as DOS asked them to fax it directly.  In your case, here is what I suggest you to do. Please forward the mail you received from DOS to Indian embassy at attacheconsular@indiagov.org, requesting them to fax it to DOS. They have the fax number. If not, ask DOS for a fax number to which they want the document to be faxed. 

Hope this helps. Please keep posting.

Vasankg, it is unfortunate that yours was also not delivered. I learn from the other forum that for some it took DOS 7 wks to update the receipt of NOS in 2014. Also DOS responds to some sooner than others.

My NOS that was resent by embassy was updated within two days as DOS asked them to fax it directly.  In your case, here is what I suggest you to do. Please forward the mail you received from DOS to Indian embassy at attacheconsular@indiagov.org, requesting them to fax it to DOS. They have the fax number. If not, ask DOS for a fax number to which they want the document to be faxed. 

Hope this helps. Please keep posting.

Arun,

Yesterday, I went in person to the Embassy of India and asked them to resend it. I think the lady at the counter was in a good mood and she faxed it. I am hoping to see the update on the DOS website sometime next week.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks!!

Dear Friends,

Please include me as I am in the same situation.

I got NOC from Indian embassy on Feb/06/2014 and they said to me they would send the NOC to the address on the thord party barcode bage, but I could not see 'received' status at DoS until now. I then sent an e-mail to both DoS and embassy but no reply so far. I do not know how to take this situation.

Should I just wait and see or should i do something to know this? I would really appreciate a few words from you friends.

Dhya

Dear Friends,

I got NOC from Indian embassy on Feb/06/2014 and they said to me they would send the NOC to the address on the thord party barcode bage, but I could not see 'received' status at DoS until now. I then sent an e-mail to both DoS and embassy but no reply so far. I do not know how to take this situation.

Should I just wait and see or should i do something to know this? I would really appreciate a few words from you friends.

Dhya

Dear Friends,

Dhya

Dear Dhya,

When did you send an email to the DOS? They try to reply within 5 business days. However, in my case they took two weeks. I think they are overwhelmed with applications. They will definitely reply to your email sooner or later. Since you have already contacted the DOS, I would suggest you to wait for their reply. Hopefully, your status will be updated or you will hear something this week. Hope this helps!

Archived