kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is my case summary

Interview @Toronto. Given 221G (yellow) - admin processing 
VO took 797a original and resume.

I suspect it TAL but I'm not sure 

Update#1 on Oct 16 2013 - first time in 35 days case update date changed to current date 16th October 2013 - still shows as AP
Update#2 on Oct 17 2013 - the case update date changed to 17th October 2013 - still shows as AP

Update#3 - got clearance email on Oct 31 2013 - asked me to submit the passport "in person" on a Tuesday or Thursday. I submitted the passport on Nov 5 2013 and got it back on Nov 7 2013. Drove back to USA the same night. 

interview date: September 11 2013 - got 221G yellow, VO took resume and I797
CEAC website update: Oct 16 & 17
Clearance email: Oct 31
PP submitted: Nov 5 (email said me to submit the PP in person on a Tuesday or Thursday)
PP collected: Nov 7 - drove back to USA the same night

I was in the same boat as you are now. My only comment will be that there is nothing we can do about it. So just wait and try to have fun :) 
Wish you all good luck

Kalyan, thanks for the update. Very thoughtful of you to update.

Today is my 49th day. I'm hoping my approval comes through on/before the 50th day just like yours did!

Wish you all the best in future endeavors.

Hey Guys attended interview today at Toronto CA and got 221g Green.

f1 to h1 on EVC model

VO asked all simple questions

1) where did you do MS

2) What specilization

3) how long with the current emp

4)I am  cancelling the F1 as it is already expired

Finally he said i am recommending to approve you visa but it needs some AP and he him self told me that it requires updated CV and wrote the Toronto consulate email id on the green slip. he told it may take 1 month and asked me to submit the document ASAP

I came home submitted the CV and also my transcript as i dont have the project or research in my MS.

got reply back from consulate thanks for submitting the docs

I read the posts in this thread and got one thing it is taking atleast 4-6 weeks minimum to clear for 221 G green slip.

I have one question is it okay to leave to India now and come back when they ask us to drop PP ?

Is my case any different from others ?

only good hope is VO said i will be recommending to approve your visa. Is this what they usually say?

Please advice can i leave to India and comeback or do we need to stay here to submit if they request any docs.

Hey Guys attended interview today at Toronto CA and got 221g Green.

f1 to h1 on EVC model

VO asked all simple questions

1) where did you do MS

2) What specilization

3) how long with the current emp

4)I am  cancelling the F1 as it is already expired

Finally he said i am recommending to approve you visa but it needs some AP and he him self told me that it requires updated CV and wrote the Toronto consulate email id on the green slip. he told it may take 1 month and asked me to submit the document ASAP

I came home submitted the CV and also my transcript as i dont have the project or research in my MS.

got reply back from consulate thanks for submitting the docs

I read the posts in this thread and got one thing it is taking atleast 4-6 weeks minimum to clear for 221 G green slip.

I have one question is it okay to leave to India now and come back when they ask us to drop PP ?

Is my case any different from others ?

only good hope is VO said i will be recommending to approve your visa. Is this what they usually say?

Please advice can i leave to India and comeback or do we need to stay here to submit if they request any docs.

Hi toronto111313,

I can answer few questions, as per my knowledge.

1. I have read from the posts - YES, if you have multiple entry VISA to canada, you can leave and come back (Please check with attorney before 

you make up your mind.

2. Your case is exactly like my case, but I'm not on EVC, I'm a FT. I got a Yellow and Blue form. My research work falls under TAL, so the VO asked to submit my resume, publications & source of funding. I submitted my resume & 2 publications to the email address written on the blue form, by the VO. Now I'm in the waiting game.

3. My officer didn't tell me anything, she just told it needs to be further processed. I told my officer is anything wrong from my end. She told there is nothing, It's a normal process.

4. Usually they request docs on your blue form. As said, they requested your resume, publications and source of funding, & you submitted. If they need anything further, they will request you and you can communicate through your email. 

I have a question to u - What major are you in ?

Please add your entry to "checkee".

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM)

@murthyh1b

i completed my masters in EE and my specialization is VLSI

i have one other question if they request any docs from me is it okay if i send them through email or do i need to give them in person.

Sure i will update my case in checkee

Thanks

Hi toronto111313,

As per my knowledge, you can submit the requested documents through your email (but I'm not 100% sure on it).

Hi Folks, 

Any updates on your processing dates ?

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM)

@f1studentOPT...not yet, but the case got updated to Nov 15th.

Good to know. Is this the case with everyone else? Or is it like the 16th October thing where everyone got a case updated status?

might be some good news finally on way @f1studentOPT. I heard Ramesh and vivek  on list got updated as well

Thanks for informing. Good to know!

My friend today had interview in Jamaica. He is EVC model and did masters in chemical engineering. Right now working as Progammer Analyst. His visa is approved without much questions asked. I am very happy for him and at the same time very pissed off about Toronto consulate processing. This doesn't make any sense. I reached 40 days today.

Archived