Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrates toronto111313

@sai96, days01 and others who got green 221g, I have also got green 221g on 7th Nov, they asked to submit CV/Resume, exact nature of the research, Source of funding. I have submitted on the 19th, and got confirmation that they have received my documentations. My status got change on 20th. Haven't heard anything after that. 

Do they take 1797 also?, mine was taken and they return the passport. Will they return the 1797 afterwards?

Please let me know guys?

Thanks,

hii.. Did you get any case number in the email and any confirmation email that they have received the documents you sent ??

Hi,

No they did not give me a case number. Only a green form with CV line ticked and an email address to send the resume. After I sent them the resume they did confirm that they have received the documents.

@CPS007: Yes they ll take I797 form. I'm also waiting and mine was on Nov 19th. I'm not sure if they ll return I797 form afterwards? Someone who collected their passport should tell us. 

So, I think there are almost 4 members who had interviews(Got Green 221G) in Nov and waiting for the email. Is this ur first H1 visa stamping? Which field are you in? 

hii.. Did you get any case number in the email and any confirmation email that they have received the documents you sent ??

@amrinder86: There is a batch # written on the 221g form along with day of year.

I did receive a confirmation email the next day that my documents were received and I will be contacted if further information is required or once update is available.

@Days01 & Immitraveler: 

I had my interview on Nov 19th, they gave me Green Slip 221g form and asked me to submit resume. They said Admin Processing might take 3-4 weeks on my interview day. I'm also waiting for the clearance email from the consulate to submit my passport. It has been 14 days and I didn't get any email from them. 

Please let me know if you hear back anything from the consulate. I'll do the same. Thanks. 

@Uppuluriv: Thanks, good that u got the email before doing anything. 

@Sai96: My interview was on Nov 18th and was informed typical processing is 2 weeks but could be as long as 8 weeks. It is over 2 weeks now and I received confirmation that my emailed documents were received however there might be delays due to the thanksgiving break. 

I will post once I have an update.

I had my interview on November 29th 2013 in Toronto canada, gave a yellow slip saying administrative processing.. I haven't heard yet.. I m really worried when i will get my passport or an email from consulate.. I have to get back to work on Dec 9th..Please guys help me out regarding yellow slip's

I had my interview on November 29th 2013 in Toronto canada, gave a yellow slip saying administrative processing.. I haven't heard yet.. I m really worried when i will get my passport or an email from consulate.. I have to get back to work on Dec 9th..Please guys help me out regarding yellow slip's

Sorry to say that but there is no way of making to work by December 9th. I am waiting with yellow slip since Oct 2nd and still pending..I do not know what else to say except wait and watch.

I went for visa stamping in Toronto on 29th November. VO asked the following questions :

(a) How long have you been working for this employer.

(b) Asked to see the tax returns

© What is your educational background ? 

(d) Details of my  engineering and masters projects.

He told me I needed to submit additional documents; gave me a green 221(g) slip and checked the box regarding submission of documents related to field of study, publications and source of funding.

I also received an email asking for my resume. Submitted all the documents and still waiting for any response from them.

Has anybody got a response r\in the last 2-3 days ? If yes, how long did the process take ?

All the best to everyone who are still waiting and Congrats to all of them who have received the response.

@Toronto 111313: Thanks for the info.

@radhika_nj: I think from this forum noboday heard anything from consulate this week. I had my interview on Nov 19th and got green alip and I'm still waiting. All we have to do is wait for the clearance email and then submit the passport and then we should collect it from loomis branch. The average days might be 30days and maybe more too. There is some info on status check in this forum and u can see how many cases are pending and got cleared and how long it took to clear the cases.

Finally got my clearance email today.

Interview date: 09-11-2013

Case Update on CAEC: 10-17-2013

Clearance email: 12-05-2013 (morning)

Passport Submitted: 12-05-2013 (between 1:00-2:30 PM)

Total wait time for clearance email - 85 days!!!

Will keep the forum posted once I pick up my passport.

Congrats Sir g..

@amrinder86... I was also contacted by TRTFPU with some additional questions, I replied to them a week back but haven't heard anything back from them, previously I had sent out my answers to a different set of questions to TRTNIV and got immediate auto reply and acknowledgement emails after few hours.

Please let me know if you hear anything back from them, I will do the same.

@amrinder86... I was also contacted by TRTFPU with some additional questions, I replied to them a week back but haven't heard anything back from them, previously I had sent out my answers to a different set of questions to TRTNIV and got immediate auto reply and acknowledgement emails after few hours.

Please let me know if you hear anything back from them, I will do the same.

I am in the same boat. My H1b visa was approved on 4th November but received 221g email on 12 November, 2013. I responded to 221g email on 13 november, 2013 but received no confirmation regarding the receipt of documents as of today i.e. 6th December, 2013. I went to US consulate, Toronto on 5th December, 2013 to give the hard copy of my documents requested but they said that they cannot take any documents directly. I can only contact through TRTNIV@state.gov. I have already sent 5 emails but no response.

Hello all

I had my interview on 11/29/2013 for my new H1 and towards the end of my interview, the VO said he was recommending my case for an approval but said he'd need my CV/Resume for administrative processing and returned my passport with a 221G green slip. I submitted the document the same day. I realize some of you are in the similar situation, too but I just wanted to check if anyone has a different case-updated-date from the interview date. The VO officer said it'd take 1-2 weeks or sometimes, maybe a month. But after checking through this forum, I've realized that having this processed in 2 weeks is too much wishful thinking.

I guess, It just makes me nervous that nothing has changed on the status tracker since the interview. All I have is a email saying they are working on my case. Any of you heard anything lately from the consulate from 1st Dec 2013?

Thanks in advance.

Archived