Parents B2 Visa - Self Sponsor - Funds in Bank Account

poornima.pk

My parents are planning to self sponsor visitor visa.

1. They have multiple Fixed deposits of around 35L - 40L INR.

2. Together their pension comes to 30K INR, per month.

3. Their SB account contains only 1L to 1.5 L, since they keep creating FDs out of their pension income & retirement benefits.

4. They are above 65 years.

5. They have not submitted Income tax returns in the last 3 years since according to my dad, some rules changed and they dont need to submit ITR(with their income and age).

My questions are:

1. Will it be a problem that they dont have enough funds in SB account?

2. Can they close a few FDs and deposit to SB and go for interview in 2 months time?

3. Will the non-submission of ITR be a problem for them?

Finally, I would like to decide whether my husband should sponsor(good financial standing & all documents are available) or my parents should sponsor based on the above clarifications.

Thanks in advance for the answers..

Thanks jairichi for the immediate response.

They are planning to show:

- Their home and the land along with it.

- Life insurance policy, Jewellery they have..

- My brother's family is in India, so planning to show that. Brother has kids who are in India along with Sis-in-law. But brother alone is in UK for his advanced medical studies and will return next year once he completes that. Will this be a problem?

- They get pension monthly, so pension book.

- Parents are above 65 years, and they are coming here for sight seeing and to see us. Its been long we visited India.

Will this be sufficient?

• 2 months later...

Contact a chartered accountant and prepare a net asset evaluation document and carry that with them. They should be fine.

YankeeDoodle - This is the best suggestion I have received and thanks for the same. My parents received their B2 visa and according to them the interview was a breeze. Thanks again for the help!

Archived