!!! Urgent !!! Just received the approved petition from Delhi US embassy with denial letter.

longwait4it

Hi,

Here are the details of my case:

Approved h1b petition while working in US: November 2011

Came to India and went for h1b stamping: 14th December 2011

Then my case was sent back to USCIS and got a white 221g for further processing. I was not asked to submit any other documents.

Then on day before yesterday, I have received a letter from US embassy Delhi stating that we couldn't approve your h1b because your employer is not eligible to sponsor or maintain your visa status in United States. Also, they have attached the original I797 ( approved H1b petition) with the letter above. Now my question is:

1. Why would they send my original petition back to me with the I-94 when they have denied my application, is it the normal process?

2. Is there anything I need to do further?

Please pass on your valuable comment, if you went through the same situation or you have any clue about the situation.

Thanks in advance.

@ Visablues & Kanzer: What are the next steps? what are you guys up to? Or, it's over.

Well i think visablues's case is different than mine....cause mine got sent back 2 the USCIS in March itself...visablues is stuck in "admin processing"....which as u know comes before the case being sent back 2 the USCIS. I am still waiting for the USCIS to give me the result of their "review". If they reaffirm my case i'll get nother appointment with the consulate and see where that goes....if not them my employer says they will fight the NOIR. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Either way, I'll keep looking for ways to get my life back on track. Preferably in the US, and since i have been here for the past 9 months, i have taken up a job here itself. But my efforts regarding my H1B continue. I guess we shud all pray that once the elections are over and the DoS gets reshuffled, the incoming officials have mercy on our collective souls and relax these horrible and unjustified practices of the consulates.

this is for my old peteion at kolkatta.It indicates nothing ,all the consulate route the 221g deail cases thru Delhi .So when delhi immigration see this I797 not required they migh have sent us back to our addresses with the same denail notices i guess

this is for my old peteion at kolkatta.It indicates nothing ,all the consulate route the 221g deail cases thru Delhi .So when delhi immigration see this I797 not required they migh have sent us back to our addresses with the same denail notices i guess

So when r u planning to go for your Interview with the FT petition.

Best of luck for that btw.

@ Visablues: did you get any other employer? can you provide me some details? please let me know how would you like me to contact you?

• 2 weeks later...

Dude...where have you been....What is happening @ ur end...?? Did u go 2 the US Consulate with ur new petition....??

I have this site open almost always on my browser but off late have seen absolutely no progress.

So do let us know if there are ny updates @ ur end.

Best of Luck.

@ Visablues: did you get any other employer? can you provide me some details? please let me know how would you like me to contact you?

Any updates @ ur end...?? Whats the situation now...??

I am still waiting for USCIS 2 get give some decision about reaffirmation...hopefully.

Archived