H1b visa stamping at London and 221g white issued

pulikondas

Hi all,

I am posting my visa interview experience at London consulate on march 2, 2012. This might help many people who are looking for help in this forum.

I completed masters in UK and on post study work visa. I am staying here from 3 years. I called embassy on Tuesday and scheduled interview for Friday.

Employment Type: No EVC or EC. In house project. Direct employment.

Education: Masters in UK (Staying in UK from 3 years)

VO: May i see your I797 and appointment letter

Me: I gave it to him. He stated at them for 30 sec.

VO: Tell me about your company

Me: I told him

VO: Tell me about your project and your responsibilities

Me: I told him everything i got from my employer

VO: Are you working at client location or employer location

Me: Employer location (because it is own project)

VO: Have you done your masters in UK

Me: Yes and i gave my degree. He didn't even look at it.

VO: Can i have your employment letter and CV

Me: I gave both of them

Then after 30 sec he told me "Congratulation, you got your visa. But we need to do some additional administrative processing and you can track your case online". He gave me 221(g) white form. No documents required. Just wait and track it in online he added.

The interview lasted 1-2 mins. Very simple and cool. Now ia m waiting for reply and i will post updates here once i get any updates. If you completed masters here and staying from 2 years, i strongly recommend you to attend the interview in london embassy.

cleardot.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was happend to me as same.please check below the following thing u hav to do.

PIMS Processing Update

If there’s a chance a beneficiary of a petition needs to obtain a visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate after the petitioner requests a change of status, extension of status, or amendment to the original petition it is advisable that the petitioner submit 2 copies of the updated petition with the original signatures on all forms to USCIS. When submitting the 2 copies of the updated petition it is encouraged to identify one of them with a brightly colored cover sheet with the notation “Please send this copy to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) upon approval”. Once approved, USCIS will then forward the marked copy of the updated petition to KCC for scanning and entry into the PIMS database where the U.S. Embassy or Consulate will be able to access the updated petition.

reference:http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html#4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am planning to attend for h1b visa in London. I came here two months ago on intra company transfer, and the H1 petition got approved with London as cousulate for stamping.

I have been reading various posts and 60 percent of the people are saying they have 221g form given.

What are the reasons for give 221g.

Is it recommended to go for stamping at London, If I decide not to go for stamping at london, when I return back to india will I be eligible to go for h1 with same petition which has london as consulate.

Please share your thoughts

I attended for H1B visa interview in London on 2nd April and I got administrative processing. After 2 weeks my status has been updated, Then i submitted my passport and I797 to embassy for issuance of visa. After that I got email from embassy to submit new travel itinerary can any one know about this status update or can any one guide me is there any specific formate to submit travel itinerary to embassy

Hi Pulikondas,

I have exact same case. I attended Visa interview on 5th april ,in house project and VO gave me 221g white slip.

Vo kept my h1 petition(original) and company offer letter. DId officer kept your h1 petition copy also?

I am checking my online status using batch number on 221g paper, but still my batch number is not showing on it (not even pending status is showig)...did you have the same case?

Did you contact someone on phone and asked for Case iD? Please advice.

Thanks,

Hi Pulikondas,

I have exact same case. I attended Visa interview on 5th april ,in house project and VO gave me 221g white slip.

Vo kept my h1 petition(original) and company offer letter. DId officer kept your h1 petition copy also?

I am checking my online status using batch number on 221g paper, but still my batch number is not showing on it (not even pending status is showig)...did you have the same case?

Thanks,

Hi Pulikondas,

Thanks,

Hi shikha same case attended interview in march , given 221g and batch number but no update on the system till now,got an email and asked to submit documents via email ,sent the docs but no reply, contacted the helpline gave code to mail but no response

Hi Connect2geth1b,

when you called did you ask for "CODE".what is this code and to whom you sent e-mail,basically on which e-mail id you sent e-mail.

Can anyone who got 221g will get some code. Please let me know. Thanks a lot!

when u make a call to visa services ,u should tell them clear story when u got 221g and what was requested every thing from scratch , and tell them even after waiting for 15 days my case id is not showing on system, then he will be giving you a code (.....) code changes day to day i was told by the visa unit so when they give the code you should use it on same day before night ,i even did that got an automated reply which will be like this , u wont get reply any thing even u wait for 15 days , the thing is even the visa service assitance dont have information about processing ,it was told by one of the members of visa services to me today when i made a call, really 221g wil be like this, i have seen situations who havent been replied for 3yrs also no reply at all , it was in 2006 dec13th interview at chennai embassy that person left the software industry and he became a good business man in india, and more over shikha have been requested any documents in 221g or have u got an email from embassy after your interview, or after a week after interview

Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are

currently averaging three to four days to answer routine email

correspondence and seven to ten days for all other email correspondence

There is no mechanism for "status checks" while a visa application is

being processed. Inquiries concerning cases which require

administrative processing or background checks, and which have been

pending less than 90 days, will not be answered.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send a duplicate or follow-on

e-mail. Repeat messages slow down our response time, and we reserve the

right to permanently delete all e-mails from senders who transmit repeat

messages or status checks.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

Hi Connect2geth1b,

when you called did you ask for "CODE".what is this code and to whom you sent e-mail,basically on which e-mail id you sent e-mail.

hello dear shika code is nothing its a reference number , they give you so that you have contacted the visa services before u send mail to visa processing centre thats it nothing else, infact we should not say it as a code but let us make if reference number, here some one has wrote before it as a code and made us panic

Hi Connect2geth1b,

***********************************************************************************************************************

hi all the members the above post which was posted by me was for information purposes only, it should not be considered it will same for eveyone, i have shared you to give an experience, any issues which occur in different situations cannot be compared with that

Thanks

Hi Connect2geth1b,

Hello shikha, have you been requested any documents like that later or an email asking you for docs, if they havent asked you, u will get your visa soon ,if they have asked you for docs,it will take time(cant say),if they dont ask docs i am sure you will get soon, but please contact visa help line and narrate your story and they will give reference number, just contact so you will sure get a reply, my case is i have been asked docs , that takes time, but if you were not asked docs then the case if diff

***********************************************************************************************************************

hi all the members the above post which was posted by me was for information purposes only, it should not be considered it will same for eveyone, i have shared you to give an experience, any issues which occur in different situations cannot be compared with that

Thanks

I my case i have submited my passport and I797 on 23rd of march. After 4 days i got an e-mail from embassy to submit new travel itinerary and i submited tht through fax by next day. after two weeks i e-maild to the embassy to know abt my application status they said they haven't received any fax and told me reply to that e-mail with new travel itinerary.. Do u have any idea how long it's going to take to get my visa. From one month onwards my passport with U.S embassy......

Archived