October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

GC_JRNY

TSC really needs to wake up. I called customer center today and was informed by 2nd level officer that 2009 preadjudication is not doing good anymore and that they need to preadjudicate the applications.

Attorney: Have you heard about this? My assumption was the 2009 preadjudication means the case is only waiting for visa number and now they are saying they need to re adjudicate all the applications and hence the delay.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling the Nebraska Service Center. I called the NSC at 7 am seattle time (west coast) when it is 10 am there, and could not speak with an agent because of the automated system. It asked me to call back from 8 am to 8 pm. (????)

What sequence of numbers (numer choices, #1 key, #2 key) does one have to enter to get to an agent? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

TSC really needs to wake up. I called customer center today and was informed by 2nd level officer that 2009 preadjudication is not doing good anymore and that they need to preadjudicate the applications.

Attorney: Have you heard about this? My assumption was the 2009 preadjudication means the case is only waiting for visa number and now they are saying they need to re adjudicate all the applications and hence the delay.

a_kapoor, I am in a similar boat. I am in EB2-India category, PD Apr 2007, been current since Aug 2011 and no decision on my application yet. I have called USCIS, opened SRs, spoke with lvl 2 officers, took infopass...did everything except approaching an Ombudsman or a congressman. Its really frustrating, my app was moved from NSC to TSC...

Company "A" filed my Greencard in 2007 before my wedding.

PD: May/22/2007

485: Applied on Aug 15th 2007

EAD renew : 2 times

Fingure prints: 3 times.

Current status: Card under production -> mailed approval notice. [ 10/10/2007]

Actually in 2008 I have moved from company "A" to Company "B" using H1. Not used EAD. Because my wife is on H4.

I have been with Company B for past three years. and Company "B" filed another PERM in 2011. Based on old priority date they wanted to apply 485s for my wife and for me now.

Our company attorneys says, by mistake USCIS has approved it and they wanted apply 485s for both now.

I would like to apply only for my wife.

So I have two options now.

Option A: Ignoring company attorney and applying for my wife based on old application

Option B: Applying for both through company "B"

Please suggest me on this asap. Because I would like to apply for my asap. If choose Option "A" is there any problems in approving 485 for my wife. Also is there any risk of loosing greencard if I select option"B"

Many thanks!

Guys, can we limit the posts in this thread only to October bulletin please... I completely understand the frustration of those who were current from June-July-August but still waiting for their GC. But please post your experiences in different and relevant threads. It will make it easier to track October approvals as well as delays in TSC approvals separately. Right now this thread is getting mixed up in both...

Just checked my emails and was surprised to find an email from USCIS with status update saying my card production has been ordered. Never contacted the USCIS customer service nor requested help from the local congressman's office.

Applied for my wife's AOS on Sep 30th, 2011 (the package reached USCIS on Oct 3rd, 2011) and received a receipt notice today (Oct 11th,2011) with a Notice date of Oct 6th.

My Priority Date: May 18th,2007

Service Center: NSC

Just an FYI. My case is as straight forward as it can be. No change of employer or change in the client since the time I started my GC process. Had finger printing thrice once each in 2008,2009 and 2010. Applied for EAD and AP once in 2009.

Dear All

PD: 29 April 2007; EB2-India

NSC

Status updated 10/11/11: From "Initial Review" to "Card/Document in Production"

Does this mean GC is approved?

Also, we filed my spouse's AP/EAD and I-485 on 3rd October when my PD became current. Does anyone have any idea on how long it will take for here AP/EAD/GC? My guess is it should be soon if my GC is already approved.

We want to travel to India in the end of November. Should she travel on H1B even if GC is not approved before that? What happens if her GC is approved when we are in India? Can she still come back on H1B or AP?

Any advice would be helpful

Thank you

Category: EB2 (India)

PD: June 28, 2007

I-140 Approved: July 2008

1 st Service Request Placed on September 14, 2011 to check the application status.

Received email response on September 26, 2011 stating that case has been pre- adjudicated and waiting for I-140 approval and visa number

2nd Service Request Placed on October 3, 2011. Called USCIS to place a service request again. They said that a service request can be made every 30 days. I indicated that the response I received for my 1st service request is incorrect because my I-140 was already approved, therefore, I would like to talk to someone higher up. I had to push really hard to get my call transferred to someone higher up. I was transferred to someone else (don’t know who that person was). That person was very helpful and acknowledged USCIS’s error and placed anther service request.

Received email response on October 11, 2011 stating that ‘Card/ Document Production’. On-line status also shows ‘Card/ Document Production’.

PD - May 31, 2007

I140 and I485 Concurrent filing - Aug 2007

Biometrics completed - Oct 31, 2007

I - 140 approved - July 2008

Spouse AOS applied - Sep 30, 2011 Received by USCIS - Oct 3, 2011

Spouse receipt notices received - Oct 11, 2007

My I485 case still says Initial review.

After the initial Biometrics, i haven't received any follow up notices. Is that ok

Thanks

PD : 17 Apr 2007

Category : EB2

Center : NSC

I got an e-mail with change in my application status from 'Initial Review' to 'Decision' on 10/12. Along with that there is a verbiage "During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

Does this mean that we have been approved or denied?

thx all and good luck to everyone in this forum.

Finally got a magic emails for myslef and wife but daughter status shows Decision

Card/ Document Production

On October 12, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

PD: 4th May 2007

EB2 India

NSC

Concurrent Applied in 2007 July

Hi,

Got decision and card production ordered emails last night. Bawled my eyes out.

Details:

PD: 23 June 2007

I-485: Filed in Aug 2007

Finger printing: sometime in Fall 2007

I-140: Approved in 2008 (early in the year)

RFE on I-485: Birth certificate RFE, came in spring 2009, replied to it by June 2009

I-485: Apparently "approved" Oct 12 2011. (Why does it not actually say "approved" anywhere on the card production ordrered email????? Would it hurt them to empathize with people who have been waiting for 5 years?)

Hysterical tears and calls to spouse and parents: Oct 12 2011 10.30 pm

The journey is not over yet. Have to file for spouse (waiting for new birth certificate).

Good luck to all! This forum is a bit of a habit...dont know when I will break that :P

Can't Believe This..........

We (me and my wife) got Decision and Card/Production Emails last night........

Thanks everybody and Good luck to you all........

The most encouraging thing for all of you .........Our application was

@ TSC

PD 29 June 2007,

EB 2 INDIA,

NO RFEs

I have been with the same employer throughout and still working with it .........American Employer I must mention.

Archived