How to legally change first name (H1B) ?

Mosaro

I am on an H1B visa and wish to change only my first name on all my documents (Passport, Visa, I-140, SSN, Driver's license, bank accounts etc). I am Indian citizen with an approved I-140. Please let me know the procedure, and possibly the estimated time frame for each step considering the COVID situation.

Can I do this without leaving the US ? Please advice. 

Thanks 

On 8/11/2020 at 7:01 PM, Mosaro said:

Can I do this without leaving the US ? Please advice

1. Probably No, because you don't have base document. (US citizens can change in US courts)

2. In order to get base document, process starts in India probably with affidavit that you wish to  be known as XYZ instead of ABC then have it published in gazette, that use that notification doc to - change name in drivers lic, aadhar etc...use those docs to change name in passport, then get passport with new name-  bring that passport to US and go through process in US with various offices. 

3. In short it's time consuming on both sides even in normal time so factor in 'unknown delay due to covid'

4. Alternatively you can write an email to consulate/embassy and ask them if they know any other route.

Good luck