COVID induced wfh and h1 transfer

Hello friends - Currently on H1 and have an approved I140 from company A with 180+ days beyond approval date. Due to COVID19 situation all company A is WFH (working from home).

Got a job offer from company B which is located in another state and they are also WFH.

Once the H1 transfer occurs with company B, do I need to be at company B location (either the worksite or at nearby location where the company B office is) or can I continue to be in current state where company A is, until covid induced WFH is back to normal.

Thanks.

M

Hello M,

So, we had a similar situation. Company B started the hiring process and then COVID happened. So, the LCA had our home address on it. They asked us to post the lca at home itself before the hiring. They hired with the condition that once the situation gets back to normal, I will work from their location. But, for now I have been totally WFH and as per the company's attorney (one of the biggest in USA), this is fine. Please consult with your attorney, this is just 1 case scenario.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:11 AM, chetankr said:

Hello M,

So, we had a similar situation. Company B started the hiring process and then COVID happened. So, the LCA had our home address on it. They asked us to post the lca at home itself before the hiring. They hired with the condition that once the situation gets back to normal, I will work from their location. But, for now I have been totally WFH and as per the company's attorney (one of the biggest in USA), this is fine. Please consult with your attorney, this is just 1 case scenario.

Good info.