Using public money while on H1B Visa

Hi All,

I am on H1B visa, currently I am applying my H1B extension and have seen below “Public benefits” questions in the questionnaire.

have received or are currently receiving the following public benefits?

1.     Any Federal, State, local or tribal cash assistance for income maintenance

2.     Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

3.     Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

4.     General Assistance (GA)

5.     Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

6.     Section 8 Housing Assistance under the Housing Choice Voucher Program

7.     Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance (including Moderate Rehabilitation)

8.     Public Housing under the Housing Act of 1937

9.     Federally-Funded Medicaid

Have you received, applied for, or have been certified to receive federally-funded Medicaid in connection with any of the following? (select all that apply)

1.     An emergency medical condition

2.     For a service under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)

3.     Other school-based benefits or services available up to the oldest age eligible for secondary education under State law

4.     While under the age of 21

5.     While pregnant or during the 60-day period following the last day of pregnancy

I had applied for financial assistance when I had a baby in 2018 and received a discount on the bill. The discount is as part of their hospital program and it is not a public money. The hospital is a non-profit organization.

So wanted to check do I need to answer YES or NO for above questions?

I am on H1B visa, currently I am applying my H1B extension and have seen below “Public benefits” questions in the questionnaire.

Your employer must do it and you must completely stay out of it. Employer along with immigration attorney needs to do it.

The discount is as part of their hospital program and it is not a public money -- if this is true I believe you did not recieve any public benefits...

Edited by gopalakrishnach