H1B and H4 Visa re-stamping in India

Hi,

My husband is on H1B visa and I am on H4 (Also H4 EAD) and both of our visa got expired in Aug 2018 from Employer A. He changed to employer B and now we both have a valid I-797 and H4 visa with H4 EAD which will be expiring in Sep 2021.

We are planning to travel to India in Feb 2020 and have already scheduled an appointment for visa stamping at Mumbai Consulate.

My questions are: -

1. Even if we have valid H1B and H4 visas and only need stamped visas to re-enter US, can USCIS decline the stamping? If yes, what are the chances?

2. I am currently working on my H4 EAD. Are there any special documents that I need to carry along with general H4 stamping documents (marriage Certificate, spouse's I-797 etc.) ?

On 2/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, anshuverma said:

Hi,

My husband is on H1B visa and I am on H4 (Also H4 EAD) and both of our visa got expired in Aug 2018 from Employer A. He changed to employer B and now we both have a valid I-797 and H4 visa with H4 EAD which will be expiring in Sep 2021.

We are planning to travel to India in Feb 2020 and have already scheduled an appointment for visa stamping at Mumbai Consulate.

My questions are: -

1. Even if we have valid H1B and H4 visas and only need stamped visas to re-enter US, can USCIS decline the stamping? If yes, what are the chances?

2. I am currently working on my H4 EAD. Are there any special documents that I need to carry along with general H4 stamping documents (marriage Certificate, spouse's I-797 etc.) ?

1. No one can predict your chances.

2. All docs related to your employment if you are employed apart from regular H-4 docs.