DS 160 job duties

Hi,

This is a for friend.

Under work experience section for H-1 DS160, should the job duties for current job  match exactly with the Employer letter? Is this a problem?

In DS160 field, job duties were stated in a more generic way and the form was already submitted. However, Employer letter has a detailed job description and  it matches with what was submitted with I-129.

Background: Friend has received an RFE for previous H1 petition(2017) and the response was filed with a detailed job description and this detailed job description was used in the subsequent extension petition(2019). The generic description of duties was listed in 2014 H1 petition and also during 2017 initial filing. For the all the three petitions(2014, 2017, 2019) it is the same job and these less-detailed job duties was listed in DS160 used for stamping in 2015 as well.

Customer care says the existing appointment has to be cancelled if DS160 confirmation number has to be updated.

Thank you!

Edited by champswc2011
On 2/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, champswc2011 said:

Hi,

This is a for friend.

Under work experience section for H-1 DS160, should the job duties for current job  match exactly with the Employer letter? Is this a problem?

In DS160 field, job duties were stated in a more generic way and the form was already submitted. However, Employer letter has a detailed job description and  it matches with what was submitted with I-129.

Background: Friend has received an RFE for previous H1 petition(2017) and the response was filed with a detailed job description and this detailed job description was used in the subsequent extension petition(2019). The generic description of duties was listed in 2014 H1 petition and also during 2017 initial filing. For the all the three petitions(2014, 2017, 2019) it is the same job and these less-detailed job duties was listed in DS160 used for stamping in 2015 as well.

Customer care says the existing appointment has to be cancelled if DS160 confirmation number has to be updated.

Thank you!

Don't worry too much. That section will usually be generic. Your friend can provide exact duties if asked at the interview.

In my case, I match job duties in my S160, employment letter, and H1B application. All those has same.

Customer care says the existing appointment has to be cancelled if DS160 confirmation number has to be updated. ... This is wrong. Create a new DS 160, submit it and take old and new DS 160 confirmation pages to finger print and there you can ask agent to update DS 160 number and they will do it.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, shekar11# said:

Don't worry too much. That section will usually be generic. Your friend can provide exact duties if asked at the interview.

Thank you! This is exactly what happened. Friend did not update DS160 and when asked in the interview about job duties...said the detailed job duties even though DS160 has generic description of the job.

Edited by champswc2011