H1B 221g (yellow) - Third country national - Leave Canada to wait abroad

Elena

Hi,

In January 16 I attended to my interview in Toronto, Canada for H1B interview. At the end of the interview the representative from the consulate asked my to send additional documents by email, she also gave me a 221g (yellow) and returned my passport. I have check the status in the tracker and it has not been updated since the day of the interview, still on “administrative processing” I am not from Canada and I have not family here, I have been staying since the last three weeks in an apartment.

1) I was wondering if I could leave the Canada and go to a different one while waiting for response on the administrative processing. I wouldnt go to USA (I cant since I dont have my H1B stamp) and I cant go to my home country neither. I am planing on going to a different country with some friends so I can stay with them and returned to Canada to drop my passport when they ask me. Has any done that? 

2) The consulate representative told me that I could send the passport by mail once I get a response. Has anyone done that? And if you have, did the consulate sent the passport back to you by mail? Where you in a different country than the one were you attended your interview? p

Thanks a lot! 

18 hours ago, Elena said:

1) I was wondering if I could leave the Canada and go to a different one while waiting for response on the administrative processing. I wouldnt go to USA (I cant since I dont have my H1B stamp) and I cant go to my home country neither. I am planing on going to a different country with some friends so I can stay with them and returned to Canada to drop my passport when they ask me. Has any done that? 

You should be free to travel to any country you like as long as you have the right paperwork to enter that country. 

18 hours ago, Elena said:

2) The consulate representative told me that I could send the passport by mail once I get a response. Has anyone done that? And if you have, did the consulate sent the passport back to you by mail? Where you in a different country than the one were you attended your interview?

Its risky to send passports in Fedex from one country to other, adding to that you will be staying in a 3rd country which is not your home country. Too risky. 

19 hours ago, Elena said:

Hi,

In January 16 I attended to my interview in Toronto, Canada for H1B interview. At the end of the interview the representative from the consulate asked my to send additional documents by email, she also gave me a 221g (yellow) and returned my passport. I have check the status in the tracker and it has not been updated since the day of the interview, still on “administrative processing” I am not from Canada and I have not family here, I have been staying since the last three weeks in an apartment.

2) The consulate representative told me that I could send the passport by mail once I get a response. Has anyone done that? And if you have, did the consulate sent the passport back to you by mail? Where you in a different country than the one were you attended your interview? p

Thanks a lot! 

1) You can do that. In this forum folks mentioned they went to India and came back to Canada once their visa was issued.

2) You cannot do that and not suggestible also. 

Do you have a multiple entry canadian visa? If so I dont see any reason why you cannot exit the country and come back to get visa stamped once administrative processing is completed. That being said, do you have a valid visa to the country you intend to visit with your friends? You cannot send passport via mail from outside country AFAIK, you can mail it from designated courier servicers in Canada but not from outside country as that is illegal.