H4 stamping without travel

saravin

Me and my H4 dependents are eligible for Dropbox visa stamping.

In the counselor website it is mentioned that there is no need for the H4 dependents to appear in-person for the Dropbox submission.

Now my question , is it okay if I alone travel to India (taking the passport of my Family members ) and submit for visa stamping?   Rather than all of us traveling...

On 1/25/2020 at 11:19 AM, saravin said:

Me and my H4 dependents are eligible for Dropbox visa stamping.

In the counselor website it is mentioned that there is no need for the H4 dependents to appear in-person for the Dropbox submission.

Now my question , is it okay if I alone travel to India (taking the passport of my Family members ) and submit for visa stamping?   Rather than all of us traveling...

That is wrong assumption. All  members should travel even if it is for Dropbox. They don't need to go physically with you to the embassy but in case of 221G or if they call for in person they should be ready to attend. Also carrying others passports out of the country is considered illegal even if it is you own family.

Edited by shekar11#

Its better to travel toegther to India since mosty dropbox will result in asking you to come to in-person interview since this is common now a days and they ask H1B and H4 to appear in-person and they may say come together. In such case if H4 is in USA they need to travel in hurray and must take flight at any cost.

This is very very risky for your family members.. I alone travel to India (taking the passport of my Family members ).. I suggest never take away passports from them.

Better travel together...

20 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Its better to travel toegther to India since mosty dropbox will result in asking you to come to in-person interview since this is common now a days and they ask H1B and H4 to appear in-person and they may say come together. In such case if H4 is in USA they need to travel in hurray and must take flight at any cost.

This is very very risky for your family members.. I alone travel to India (taking the passport of my Family members ).. I suggest never take away passports from them.

Better travel together...

They cannot travel as passports are not with dependents in US which makes it even more riskier.

23 hours ago, saravin said:

Thanks a lot for the reply . I was actually inspired by someone how has successfully got the stamping and came back without knowing the implications .

Can you please advice on how to fix this issue now that they already had the stamping done and currently in US.

There is nothing to fix if they came back to US.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:32 AM, saravin said:

Now that we know it is not advisable ( not sure if it is legal either ) ,  what is the way to make it straight ? Is there a process to get pardon for this unintended mistake ? 

Who ever did this should talk to an attorney and most likely leave ASAP and come back.

Just think for a min, now they have a visa in their passports which was issued to them without traveling out side the country. Isn't that fishy? What issues you will run into with this now, atleast no one here will be able to guess that for you.