Future DS160 Filling After Previous 221g Blue Slip

Hi,

Last Year  Aug 2018, I went for Visa Drop Box in India and was given 221g Slip requesting to appear for in person for the interview.

After that successfully got the Visa stamped until Dec 2020. 

Now, If I want to fill a DS160 in future after Dec 2020, would I have to fill "YES" for the question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

Also, does answering yes to this question mean that I would no longer be eligible for the US Visa Drop box option, If i am going for stamping within 1 year of Visa Expiry?

On the drop box eligibility question:

I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance? 

Should I answer Yes to the above question as well.

With Regards,

Deepika

Edited by Deepika Ramesh Babu
4 hours ago, Deepika Ramesh Babu said:

Hi,

Last Year  Aug 2018, I went for Visa Drop Box in India and was given 221g Slip requesting to appear for in person for the interview.

Now, If I want to fill a DS160 in future after Dec 2020, would I have to fill "YES" for the question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

Also, does answering yes to this question mean that I would no longer be eligible for the US Visa Drop box option, If i am going for stamping within 1 year of Visa Expiry?

With Regards,

Deepika

221G is not a refusal, so your answer will be NO to the below question.

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

20 hours ago, User099 said:

221G is not a refusal, so your answer will be NO to the below question.

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

It is NO for your question.

But you will have a follow up question asking if you received a 221G during previous visa. Your answer would be Yes for that and that would dis qualify you for drop box.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:24 PM, Deepika Ramesh Babu said:

Hi,

With Regards,

Deepika

It is NO for your question.

But you will have a follow up question asking if you received a 221G during previous visa. Your answer would be Yes for that and that would dis qualify you for drop box.